Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise, And songs to Alma Mater raise, While our hearts rebounding thrill, With joy which death alone can still... Summer's heat or winter's cold, The seasons pass the years will roll, Time and change will surely show, How firm thy friendship ... O-HI-O!

Ohio State... That would be our alma mater- when we were attending, Ohio State was a dynasty, a force to be reckoned with... 2011, not so much. I'm thinking I may just sleep through the season and see if 2012 is a bright spot. However, we looked really good against Illinois yesterday, so we will see what's in store for the rest of the season. Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
2 weekends ago Jas and I decided to make the trip back to to Ohio to see our families. We hadn't been there since Andi's wedding in April, and figured we could make the 7.5 hour trek and make a long weekend out of it. The drive wasn't bad at all, the dog of course came with us and she did excellent. When Dad and MK found out we were coming to town they started looking for football tickets and amazingly found them on Ticketmaster (in all of the years of my memory I cannot recall a time that you could get tickets so easily-and for face value!), so they offered to get them. Jas wasn't interested in attending the game, so the 3 of us, plus Lauren went. We had a great time- even though they lost...and it just so happened to be freezing and raining that day. But, we still had fun.

Me and L

My friend Kat also got married that weekend, we weren't able to go to the wedding (sad), but I did see her at the tailgate before the game- so fun!
Kat!

While we were in town we saw Jason's family as well, they were all doing well- although Jason's dad just had cataract surgery. He's doing well though! He can see, it's a miracle! :) We also saw Jim while we were in town and Chloe just loves her Uncle Jim. Check out the video below for a few laughs.



Since the trip to Ohio, Jas and I have gone to see "Second City" in Baltimore- last week. If you're not familiar Second City is a sketch comedy/imrpov troupe out of Chicago. Many big names have come out of there including Jim Belushi, Steve Carrell, Tina Fey... and plenty of other greats. We had an absolute blast! It was a great show. 

This weekend Gammy came down from Baltimore to visit for the weekend. Her great-granddog got a haircut and they spent some quality time bonding. 

Sweet girl and her haircut

Bonding
I'm doing better since the move and I'm definitely learning my way around DC. What I miss the most though is my friends. This past week Dee and Adam met us for dinner- they were friends from Houston in town for a medical conference Adam was attending. It was nice to do something so normal with people that we know. I really miss that. I've met some great people, but it takes time to build relationships, but as many of you know- patience is not my strong suit...by any stretch. 

I guess that's it for excitement from this end. Mom is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow- so send her good vibes/prayers/thoughts- especially for a swift recovery. 

Comments