"You say 'goodbye' and I say 'Hello, hello, hello', I don't know why you say 'Goodbye', I say 'Hello." ~ 'Hello Goodbye' The Beatles
Spring has sprung, as I say GOODBYE to the 2nd Trimester and HELLO to the 3rd Trimester.
28 Weeks!
And, I'm feeling good. Really good, actually! I passed my Glucose Tolerance Test! Yay- go me! The babe is moving and shaking (you can see my belly move now), the bump is out in full force (you literally cannot miss me when I turn to the side)... and I'm feeling pretty fantastic.
One small problem had sprung up, but Jas was able to resolve this little issue... Thank G!
Yes, friends... That is Dr. Garee taking my old chippy nail polish off of my toes, filing, touching up and the lastly the final product. Amazing. I didn't even have to beg. The only disappointment: he wouldn't do the complimentary foot and leg massage that generally accompanies my pedi... but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Maybe next time...
Moving on... my cousin Katie and her husband Chris came down over the weekend to see the Cherry Blossoms- that was a bit of a bust, so we met for lunch. Shake Shack strikes again. We enjoyed a delicious lunch, spent some much needed time catching up and then Chris and Katie went on their way... but not before we snapped a quick pic:
Then, this week- Tuesday actually, the Cherry Blossoms finally bloomed! And they were truly beautiful- it was a HOT day (think July in April), but I was really glad I got to see them. My cousin Kristen, her two boys and my Aunt Sue came down to see them with me.
| Beautiful! |
| Bumpin' with a booty |
Another exciting thing happened this week, my Mom ordered the crib bedding for Lil G! It was so nice to be able to put the crib together. It turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
Don't get all excited about the blue pillow in the crib, it doesn't mean anything- I just felt the gray needed a pop of color. Boy or girl- that's a darn good color.
I was lounging in the recliner the other night and made the mistake of laying pretty far back, flat on my back... Yea, I almost passed out. I got lightheaded, dizzy and began to sweat. Not fun. That is one thing I will truly be glad to be able to do again.
I am thankful to be out of the 'fat stage' and more in the "yea, she's really pregnant stage'- people now aren't afraid to ask when I'm due. That's nice. :)
DC has been unseasonably warm this week... Wednesday we were up in the 90's! I am so thankful this baby is coming in early July, because there is no way I would be able to survive with a baby due in late August. I have never done well with the heat, and tacking on a pregnancy is BRUTAL.
I've heard the 3rd Trimester is pretty rough, so while I'm excited to be even closer to Lil G's arrival, I'm not looking forward to all of the joy that accompanies the final weeks before childbirth. I've already had some mild swelling and issues sleeping... and I know this is only going to get worse. I've had baby feet pushing on my belly which I thought was a hernia... and I know those feet are only going to continue to move north and start getting me in the ribs. Thank G I have avoided hemorrhoids thus far... and I pray those puppies do not start emerging. I haven't felt any contractions, but I know that Braxton Hicks is just right around the corner... But just 12 weeks to go! Man oh man! That seems like no time at all.
I'm getting ready to start a string of night shifts... it is a bit difficult to rotate back and forth, but I am truly enjoying my job. Hopefully I can continue to work all the way up until delivery. That is my plan at least!
I suppose that's about all for now... until next time...
Comments
Post a Comment