 |
| Yo! |
So, I have some unkind words to say to all of my friends and family members who neglected to mention one of the most difficult times you may experience with an infant... The Witching Hour! OMG. This little gem of a time has been absolutely terrible for Jas and I.
 |
| I mean who would want to see this face crying inconsolably? It is gut wrenching. |
It started around 7 weeks... and continues to persist here at 10 weeks (although it has gotten better the last 2 nights, knock on wood). During this "Witching Hour" (which isn't an "hour" at all... it's HOURS), your baby will fuss and fuss, cry (like real tears), scream and absolutely break your heart. And it's literally like flipping a switch... you have a perfectly happy baby one minute and then 530pm hits, and it all goes to hell in a handbasket. And it is one hell of a 3-hour ride.
 |
| In her outfit from her Tia and Tio in Spain |
Jas and I have done everything shy of standing on our heads to get her to stop crying. What we have found to work best most recently, is going outside. Who knew?! We are inside and she's hysterical and inconsolable, and then we walk outside and she's back to our happy baby... until we go inside again.
 |
| We used to walk down the street holding her this way- my biceps were beginning to bulge out, so we now use a forward facing carrier |
 |
| And again, happy baby. |
We have definitely gotten our share of workouts walking her all over Georgetown every evening. We also found that she wants to be forward facing- what's odd about this is most babies don't like this til later- like 4 months old. Evie absolutely LOVES this. It doesn't seem to overstimulate her or stress her out at all. She will fuss and fuss if we carry her facing towards our chests... so outward facing baby it is.
.jpg) |
| Evie sound asleep after a fit of crying this evening. Doesn't look comfortable to me, but whatever works. |
The first couple days we had no idea what this was- as I mentioned before, no one ever warned us of this (thanks a lot, jerks!). She had been a perfect angel that NEVER cried unless she was hungry and then one day it all changed. We tried gripe water, gas drops, baby massage, "bicycle legs" thinking it was a gas issue- to no avail. After looking into it more we found that it is a real phenomenon that doesn't necessarily have an explanation. Great. They say babies grow out of it around 12 weeks- 12 weeks just can't get here fast enough.
In other news, I ordered a fabulous wooden monogram for above Evie's crib- gotta love Etsy. I think it turned out great, and it's so southern... Listen, before people try to say we aren't southern, I will remind you that DC is south of the Mason-Dixon line. Booya!
I guess that's all the news for today. I will be doing a post in the next couple days about the great bottle search. Until then... stay classy.
Comments
Post a Comment