Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay? Am I wrong for saying that I choose another way? I ain't trying to do what everybody else doing... Just becuase everybody doing what they all do. If one thing I know, I'll fall but I'll grow.
One would think that with me not currently working I would have nothing but free time to update the blog... Oh contraire mon frere! The days just aren't long enough!
What have I been so busy with, you ask? Well, as many of you know- we cancelled the contract on the house we were looking to purchase. I will attempt to make an incredibly long story quite short by simply saying: it wasn't the right house for us. And, we couldn't come to an agreement on what repairs were reasonable. Let's just say this- we were right, and they were wrong. And then poof- out of contract! So, we're now free agents so to speak. And, we're going to see a new prospect tonight. My fingers, eyes, toes, everything are currently crossed. Maybe you can cross yours too!
In the evenings Jas and I have been killing "Orange is the New Black." We finished Season 2 up last week, and if you haven't seen it, it is absolutely a must watch! Sad that we have to wait another year for the next season. Such a good show! And the ending of Season 2 was just fantastic!
Evie is walking. Running. Tripping. Getting into mischief. Learning sign language! And I just love this. If you have a baby, seriously consider teaching them to sign. I have always loved sign language, my friend Kate taught me quite a bit in High School, and I still use it from time to time. Evie really enjoys it because she can express herself and what she wants even though verbally she's just not there yet. We are going to work on learning a new sign every week. Her big sign for this week is "more"- to watch her do this is really just so precious. And when I give her 'more' of something, her face lights up. It's very sweet.
I start my new job on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting back to work, but I'm not looking forward to orientation. It's going to be so strange for me- the first week I will be in classes from 8am-430pm every day. I've never been apart from Evie that much. I know many working Mom's do this all the time... but I just never have. So, it will be really strange. I will definitely be missing that little nugget. Since she was born, I have only been away from her for one 12 hour day shift... Craziness.
I have definitely noticed that I take WAYYYYY less pictures of E now, than I used to. My phone was so full of all the pics- I was constantly having to download them off of my phone. I attribute this to her constantly being on the go, she never stops moving, and therefore, never stops needing constant supervision... I really need to get better about taking more pics and video. I will work on that once I get through orientation next week.
I guess that's the latest for now.
Until next time...
What have I been so busy with, you ask? Well, as many of you know- we cancelled the contract on the house we were looking to purchase. I will attempt to make an incredibly long story quite short by simply saying: it wasn't the right house for us. And, we couldn't come to an agreement on what repairs were reasonable. Let's just say this- we were right, and they were wrong. And then poof- out of contract! So, we're now free agents so to speak. And, we're going to see a new prospect tonight. My fingers, eyes, toes, everything are currently crossed. Maybe you can cross yours too!
![]() |
Evie is walking. Running. Tripping. Getting into mischief. Learning sign language! And I just love this. If you have a baby, seriously consider teaching them to sign. I have always loved sign language, my friend Kate taught me quite a bit in High School, and I still use it from time to time. Evie really enjoys it because she can express herself and what she wants even though verbally she's just not there yet. We are going to work on learning a new sign every week. Her big sign for this week is "more"- to watch her do this is really just so precious. And when I give her 'more' of something, her face lights up. It's very sweet.
![]() |
| Playing with her new birthday gift from Auntie Lisa Walters |
I start my new job on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting back to work, but I'm not looking forward to orientation. It's going to be so strange for me- the first week I will be in classes from 8am-430pm every day. I've never been apart from Evie that much. I know many working Mom's do this all the time... but I just never have. So, it will be really strange. I will definitely be missing that little nugget. Since she was born, I have only been away from her for one 12 hour day shift... Craziness.
![]() |
| Lunch date with Uncle Jim at House of Japan. Won't be able to do those next week! |
I guess that's the latest for now.
Until next time...






Comments
Post a Comment