When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case...I could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love. When the evening shadows and the stars appear, and there is no one there to dry your tears, I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.


I don't think it's fair to say that 2014 sucked. The end of it was not great... at all- but to just lump it all into a category of being awful, because of one truly, awful catastrophic thing doesn't seem right.

There is one word that comes to mind when I think of 2014 for me, in a nutshell... and that word is:


How wonderful it is to love and to be loved in return?

Our Anniversary celebration 9 months late
Cheesing with my brother... we moved back to Ohio so we can do this more often now
Bridal shower for our other cousins *now* wife
Baby shower for Katie's baby-to-be (she's now here and she's just precious)
A super fun night out with some totally awesome, and amazing friends from Georgetown- shortly before we moved back to Ohio
My going away party from Georgetown... love these ladies so much


 And then, to go on one step further and the people that love you, love your child? I don't know of any greater gift in the world...
Meghan and Rusty came to visit before we moved! 
Mom came down to Georgetown to enjoy a ladies lunch (just the 3 of us) shortly before our move to Ohio.  We shared the most delicious burrata! And it was a truly beautiful day in May. 
My lovely friend and OB Yesmean, who still gets choked up about the day she delivered Evie into the world. 
Evie's baptism in February. So much love in that room! 
Sara at Evie's baptism... my sweet, tried and true friend over all these years 
Gammy came down to DC for a day trip to hang out with this goofy girl! 
Evie's Dada sure does love her. And as hard as it was when he decided to leave academic science, we have been so grateful for all of our time together. There has been so much love and laughter. 
Evie with her sweet Mimi, they sure do love each other. Evie walks around the house saying "Mimi."
My very first Mother's Day. Such a special day with these wonderful Mother's in my life.  We had the nicest lunch and conversation, and we celebrated motherhood with a lot of love and laughs. 
Some quality time with Evie and her Mema. She sure did love her. 
On the day of her Georgetown visit. 
Evie with her Great Grandpa, Poppy and Mama enjoying some time as a family lakeside. Happy day!
My sweet cousin Shane, cheesing with E during Jim's 30th surprise party. 
The loves of my life. 
I was somewhat dreading writing my first post after Mom's passing... but I found this one to be peaceful for me. I read a horrible story about a little boy that was murdered by his mother and I felt so heartbroken for him. He wasn't even 2 years old. Whatever the reasons behind his mother doing that to him, it made me reflect upon my own relationship with my mother... and no matter what, no matter how good, bad, defiant, stubborn, selfish I was- I never had to question whether or not my mother loved me.


Without my mother, and without my mother's love I wouldn't be here today. Neither would Evie... and neither would this little guy who will be making an appearance in a few short weeks:

I was feeling really down on New Year's Day... and I decided to go through some of the texts that I haven't been able to open since Mom's passing... and I came across this touching text sent just a few weeks before she died, that made me realize how thankful I truly am for the love that she continually showed me and the love that she had for me until the very end. I'll carry that love with me always. And I look forward to sharing it with Evie and G2.


Through all of 2014's best and worst moments, the one thing that stayed steadfast and true was love... and that will be my goal for 2015 as well.


Comments