But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy... No, we're never gonna survive unless we are a little crazy...


It's September already!

A lot has been happening with us over the last several months...

My new job is going really well. I leave next week for training in Boston. Jas will be holding down the fort on 'Dada Duty'- and he's totally got this. He's adapting well to Stay-At-Home-Dad life, and he's really good at it. Far better than I ever was as a stay-at-home parent.
Cooking, cleaning, and all of that with a baby on one hip!
In addition to his fab parenting skills Jas is teaching Biology at Capital University here in Columbus on Fridays, and is really enjoying it.

Evie went from not watching a lick of TV to being wholly addicted to Sesame Street. Since my last blog post, we have now graduated to one episode of each of the following characters: Elmo, Ernie, Murray (who the H is Murray?! We never had a Murray when I was growing up), 'Grouch', Big Bird, and Abby/Elmo/Telly... And you better go to the right episode with the character she's requesting or you're guaranteed to get bitched out. Guaran.damn.teed.
Some days she watches TV from the dogs bed... #becausetoddlers
We recently got back from our super fun (albeit brief) family vacation! We went to Lake Erie with Jason's parents and had a really nice time. The great thing about traveling by car is we get to bring all of our baby gear! {I can't believe I actually typed that with such enthusiasm... but seriously, having all of your kids shit is essential!! You forget one piece and the whole trip can come crashing down- heaven forbid we forget Evie's lambie or Weston's sleepsack...I shudder to think}...

Weston isn't quite crawling yet- so he needs a few baby apparatuses (apparati?) to keep him occupied.


Evie loved the water, she was a little fish the entire time we were at the lake.

Thankfully, she started swim lessons as soon as we got back.

Swim lessons with her are so much fun! The last time she did swim lessons was last fall (and before that was that dreadful time I took her for a little swimeroo in DC... Sweet Lawd that was terrible). She's doing great, and loving it.




She is also a little gymnast! She's so flexible, and loves hanging from the most random things... this morning I found her hanging from the end of the kitchen table. I'm not quite sure what is next... I imagine we will find out soon enough.
Air Jordan?

Weston is really, really working on crawling... in the mobility department he seems to be about a month or so ahead of where Evie was at this time...

He also has decided after 7 months that he now likes a pacifier?!! Mmmmmmk. Cuz that makes sense...

Weston is also a generally much happier baby than Evie was... He smiles all the time. Is pretty easy to please... unless we are driving in the car- then he gets just like Evie did which is not good. Not good at all.
Road trip to Lake Erie: on the left is before mama moved the back seat, on the right is after mama moved to the back seat. 
What can I say, he loves his mama. 


Plus, he and I kinda look like each other as babies. 

Exhibit A:
Baby Steph
Life is good, albeit crazy at times. But, that certainly keeps things interesting. 

She was insistent on holding my hand one morning. <melt> 


That's all for now... Bring on fall! I'm ready to upgrade these kids wardrobes :)

Comments