Momma taught me good home training, My Daddy taught me how to love my haters. My sister told me I should speak my mind. My man made me feel so God d*mn fine...
I woke up like this.
So, when I found out I was pregnant with Evie, visions of what 'being a mom' looks like began to flash through my mind...
So after having Evie I promised myself I would not lose everything fun about me and go straight into 'Mom' mode... I channeled my inner Amy Poehler {Thank you Mean Girls movie} and made "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom" my mantra. Side note: I have also sworn off all products containing maple syrup... For obvious reasons.
And thus, tonight... I slipped out of cool status (or slipped into it)- depending on your interpretation of the word 'cool'.
We were driving home from the zoo, and Evie wanted to listen to the radio. She kept saying "I don't like this song" to basically every song we played. Then she said "Mama play song on the cell phone?" So, I busted out with some Nae Nae (always a winner with the 2 year old)... and whenever that song comes on, I have to dance... Like, legit, it's a physical response to that song. So, I'm in the passenger seat, cutting a rug, Evie is dancing along with my sick moves in the backseat... Weston is wondering why he was born into this family, and Jas went to another place mentally... He doesn't understand my need to be dancing. Lame.
So, we pull up to a traffic light and I am full on whip, whip... nae, nae-ing and Jas says "Steph, look..." and points to the car next to us. I've been in my own little dancing queen land, meanwhile the car next to us, full of teenage girls are joining in my shenanigans as well. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but I diiiinnnnnnttttt carrrrreeee! Evie said "People in the other car dancing too!" After I saw them, I considered ceasing my moves, but decided to throw inhibition to the wind and say screw it- and danced harder to that song than I ever have before.
Take that, Mom Jeans!
Mom win. Or lose. Or whatever.
Tomorrow I may or may not be loading up on Advil from how into the "Stanky Leg" I got... Ahhh well. Worth it.
So, when I found out I was pregnant with Evie, visions of what 'being a mom' looks like began to flash through my mind...
- Mom Jeans
- Minivans
- Frizzy hair
- Dirty t-shirts
- Always smelling like syrup?! <that is a thing, I swear... I remember mom's from my childhood always smelling like syrup... their house smelled like syrup, their car smelled like syrup... it was like Aunt Jemima and mom's were synonymous>
So after having Evie I promised myself I would not lose everything fun about me and go straight into 'Mom' mode... I channeled my inner Amy Poehler {Thank you Mean Girls movie} and made "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom" my mantra. Side note: I have also sworn off all products containing maple syrup... For obvious reasons.
| Look... standing on a beach in Cali... Mom... Cool. |
We were driving home from the zoo, and Evie wanted to listen to the radio. She kept saying "I don't like this song" to basically every song we played. Then she said "Mama play song on the cell phone?" So, I busted out with some Nae Nae (always a winner with the 2 year old)... and whenever that song comes on, I have to dance... Like, legit, it's a physical response to that song. So, I'm in the passenger seat, cutting a rug, Evie is dancing along with my sick moves in the backseat... Weston is wondering why he was born into this family, and Jas went to another place mentally... He doesn't understand my need to be dancing. Lame.
So, we pull up to a traffic light and I am full on whip, whip... nae, nae-ing and Jas says "Steph, look..." and points to the car next to us. I've been in my own little dancing queen land, meanwhile the car next to us, full of teenage girls are joining in my shenanigans as well. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but I diiiinnnnnnttttt carrrrreeee! Evie said "People in the other car dancing too!" After I saw them, I considered ceasing my moves, but decided to throw inhibition to the wind and say screw it- and danced harder to that song than I ever have before.
Take that, Mom Jeans!
Mom win. Or lose. Or whatever.
Tomorrow I may or may not be loading up on Advil from how into the "Stanky Leg" I got... Ahhh well. Worth it.
Comments
Post a Comment