But then the dove of hope began it's downward slope, and I believed for a moment that my chances were approaching to be grabbed, but as it came down near, so did a weary tear- I thought it was a bird, but it was just a paper bag...

I suppose a new blog entry is a bit overdue, but what to write about... My life is so boring odd. I mean, I could write about how trick-or-treat this year was a huge bust. Jas and I anxiously awaited the little kiddies to come by showing off their costumes and begging for candy- but sadly all we got was the over 15 crew that was bussed in from southeast DC. And they didn't even attempt a costume... I started to get so fed up with them I started asking "And what are you supposed to be?" They just laughed and held out their backpacks (yes, that says backpacks) and said "fill 'er up". The highlight of the night was the kids (and I use the term kids here EXTREMELY loosely) that came from George Washington University- yes folks, that is a college, that were all dressed up in 'Where's Waldo' gear, rocking a huge boom box on their shoulder jammin' out to some hip hop track. Yes, friends, these yahoo's knocked on our door and asked for candy. I will take a mental note of this and I will be sure to send my future children off to school with a stash of candy around Halloween season so they do not have to resort to acting like a giant tool and knocking on the door of stranger's for a candy fix. But I'm sure you guys don't want to hear about that...

I could also write about how much I'm geeking out really looking forward to Breaking Dawn to come out this Friday... In honor of this exciting, upcoming event I had to watch all the other 3 movies today. I have a pot roast in the slow cooker- making my sweet Gammy's delicious recipe for French Dip sandwiches and enjoying not having to do a darn thing.


Ahhh, not doing a darn thing- gosh that sounds good. I wish that had been the case a week and a half ago. Long story short, work has been stressful. As I'm sure some of you gathered from my previous post, things had been a bit on the rough side. Well, they got rougher. I've been speaking up in meetings and trying to get my voice heard and I've been left feeling frustrated. I think my frustrations began to build and I started this really great headache that quickly turned into the worst migraine I've ever experienced and it lasted 9 days. The "usuals" were no longer working- no tylenol or advil for this girl, I tried caffeine and in a last ditch effort dug through and found some samples of some migraine medicine I had buried in my medicine cabinet from last year. All to no avail. The pain was out of control and had nowhere to go but worse. I called the neurology clinic, they specialize in migraines and was floored when they said I wouldn't be able to get an appointment until March. That's March as in 5 months from now. Well now what?! So, sadly I checked into the ER (side note: I hate using the ER, not because it's my ER but because I don't think it should be used for things like this... but I really didn't feel like I had much of a choice, it was effecting my activities of daily living with no relief in sight and I have no doctor here in DC). Finally after getting 4 rounds of intravenous D.H.E (a heavy duty migraine medicine) the headache finally broke and I was able to be discharged from the hospital.

Hottie. This is shortly after I got admitted, I don't even remember the picture being taken, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. 
Before I left the hospital however, I did receive a special delivery from my "brother from another mother" in Houston. The sentiment was greatly appreciated...and it made me laugh.

Bear and balloons, so cute!

This is especially funny because the doctor that saw me when I checked in the ER said "Ok, so you have kidney stones, migraines, what next- sickle cell?!" 
Before the headache had gotten completely out of control I had a nice visit from my Aunt Sue, cousin Kristen and her baby-Brady! Aunt Sue hadn't been down to see our house since we moved to DC, so it was nice to have them come for a visit. We spent a lot of time just catching up, we had lunch at Serendipity and then made our way over to- you guessed it- Georgetown Cupcake. Here is a picture of Kristen and Brady both waiting in line for their first ever Georgetown Cupcake.

So sweet!

I'm sure this blog has been pretty anticlimactic for you, so bear with me as I venture down one more story. Since it is November, please enter "Movember". It appears that "Movember" is going to be a part of my life for a long time to come. "Movember" is the time where men everywhere decide to grow out their nasty mustaches, repelling women everywhere, while simultaneously raising funds for prostate cancer. Jason, Dad and Jim have all decided that this year they are going to be holding strong for the cause... thus, enter the stache:


And I neglected to mention the stache also comes with t-shirts. November will never be the same again.

Comments