This past weekend PJ came to visit us for the first time since we moved to DC. Very exciting! Our friend Joel from Raleigh also came up for the weekend. Long story short- it was a ridiculously fun and crazy whirlwind of a weekend!
My wonderful Aunt Debbie invited Jas and I- along with our crew of friends- up to their house to bake my Mom Mom's sugar cookies. I'm not sure she knew quite what she was getting herself into inviting this rowdy bunch up to her house for baking- but I think everyone had a good time. We only burnt a few batches... whoops. Mom Mom would be so disappointed.
Overall though, I'd say they turned out pretty darn good!
 |
| Cookies! The trick is getting them super thin...not an easy feat |
 |
| Me and Jas |
 |
| Me and my lovely Auntie |
 |
| Me and Peej |
 |
| Joel with a lil piece of his heart |
After baking we met up with Gammy for crabs at Captain Dan's. Peej and Joel had not ever had crabs before, so we thought this would be a fun little treat. Joel loved them, PJ didn't care for all the work that goes into them... ahh well, you win some, you lose some.
The next day we went to Dupoint Circle for a
all you can drink Mamosa's and Bloody Mary's lovely brunch, after thoroughly enjoying ourselves we went over to the National Mall - Jas and Peej checked out some museums while Joel, Grant and I got ourselves into some hijinx... but what else is new when the 3 of us are together?! After our activities which included but are not limited to staking out the Occupy DC folks, we ventured over to the White House and snapped a few pics with the Christmas tree... Overall a great visit that went by far too quickly.
 |
| "Show me your love is eternal face..." |
 |
| Capitol in the background and Occupy DC to the left |
 |
| Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree... |
 |
| Me and Joel outside the Occupy DC stake out spot |
 |
| Me and Grant! P.S. Grant and I may or may not have started doing a dance right near the Occupy DC folks and we may or may not have gotten people honking in support of our sick moves. |
 |
Escalator at Dupont... what a motley crew...
|
I miss this weekend!
ReplyDelete