You've been so kind and generous, I don't know how but you keep on giving, for your kindness- I'm in debt to you, for your selflessness, my admiration, and for everything you've done... you know I'm bound, I'm bound to thank you for it...
I know, I know- as my dear friend Andi so kindly pointed out to me- it's been a while since I last updated my blog... and she even pointed out that she's written 3 since I wrote my last one... so here ya go! This one is for you... <3
I'm thankful for my sweet dog, Chloe. She is always at the front door anxiously awaiting my arrival home with kisses in tow. I love when she's feeling protective and barks when she hears a noise. I love the way she curls up next to me when she's cold and I'm thankful for her unconditional love.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving (yea, yea, I get it, it was a few weeks ago, but whatevs...) I want to express my great thanks for a vast many things in my life that I don't think I spend time thanking or appreciating near often enough.
First of all, the one person who I have to thank so much for just being all around wonderful and putting up with my crazy antics- is this man:
I honestly don't even know where I would be without him. He's the yin to my yang, the sock to my shoe, and the all around glue that keeps this hot mess together. To think of a life without Jason is just unfathomable to me and something I never want to have to experience. His selflessness, caring and supportiveness continues to blow me away...and we've been together for almost 13 years. I couldn't do IT (and IT is almost anything you can think of) without you. Thank you.
I'm thankful for my family- supporting me through every bit of anything! They are always there when I need them and I am beyond blessed to have their love and support always.
I'm thankful for the many friends that I've been blessed to have in my life. Some I talk to often, some I talk to only every once in a while- but I know in my heart that the closest ones would do anything for me at the drop of a hat (they know who they are).
Then there are my friends that are my family... The relationships that we share are special and unique and completely comfortable. I never have to worry about being anything but my authentic self with them and I treasure that. They are in it for the long haul- babies, graduations, retirement homes- I will be there with these 2 by my side guaranteed. They are my family in every sense of the word except for blood relation... but that doesn't matter.
Then there are my friends that are my family... The relationships that we share are special and unique and completely comfortable. I never have to worry about being anything but my authentic self with them and I treasure that. They are in it for the long haul- babies, graduations, retirement homes- I will be there with these 2 by my side guaranteed. They are my family in every sense of the word except for blood relation... but that doesn't matter.
Here are some pics of the siblings that I chose...
See, they even look alike-...
I'm thankful for my sweet dog, Chloe. She is always at the front door anxiously awaiting my arrival home with kisses in tow. I love when she's feeling protective and barks when she hears a noise. I love the way she curls up next to me when she's cold and I'm thankful for her unconditional love.
I'm thankful for a job that allows me to give something back- while paying me a more than decent wage to do so. I'm thankful for the opportunity to care for others, whether directly or indirectly. I'm thankful for the staff that I work with "now", and the staff I worked with "then"...
Although it hasn't been pristine- I'm thankful for my health... especially after working in a hospital for so long I have seen how bad it can really be, and I thank God every day that I am not there.
I'm thankful that I do not have a hell-ish commute- DC traffic is ridiculous, but we were lucky enough to find a precious little place in Georgetown which means we have a 12 minute walk-commute to work Monday-Friday... my friends that live across the Potomac... not so lucky.
I'm thankful to have been born in the United States and to taste a freedom that I know many others in other parts of the world will never experience.
I'm thankful for a life that is full with so much more than I deserve...


Comments
Post a Comment