Time, is on my side...yes it is!
Where does the time go?! I swear, sometimes it feels like there just aren't enough hours in the day. So, clearly it's been forever since I blogged- a fact that some people Andi have continuously reminded me of. ;) So here it is!
So much of my life is consumed by work, and I don't want to make this a post all about work... so I'm going to try to come up with some material...
For starters- I have some exciting news! I have lost about 9 lbs. over the last 2.5 weeks! Peej, Joel, Jas and I are doing 'Biggest Loser' and being one to hate losing more than anything I have whipped my butt into shape! I'm counting calories, making good food choices (high fiber! high protein! less processed foods!) and working out. It's a work in progress, but I'm pretty committed. Even with my relatively small weight loss, people are already beginning to notice- which is so nice! It's been a bit of an adjustment for Jas and I- because DC has so many amazing eateries, we are now eating at home. It's been better for the waist line and the budget... Hollar!
My hilarious and famously fun friend from high school, Sara, is coming to town tonight! I can't hardly wait! Since we moved to Texas I have not gotten to spend as much time with Sara on my visits to Ohio as I would like, so this will be a really nice treat. Not sure what kind of hi jinx we will get ourselves into, but it's guaranteed to be story worthy- so all of you loyal blog readers (I think that includes Andi...and my mom), stay tuned!
Next week I'm going to an Emergency Nursing Leadership conference in NOLA with my assistant manager- Jordan! Jordan is a blast in a glass (think Snooki from Jersey Shore minus the voice, ugly face, nasty hair extensions, crappy attitude- actually, she's not really like Snooki at all except for being incredibly short and she has brown hair). At any rate, Jordan is a ton of fun and I am certain we will have a fantastic time in NOLA...
Work is going well. Things are progressing right along. I nearly had a heart attack the other day when I saw our patient satisfaction scores... they have gone from in the gutter to flying high! We definitely have some room to improve, but our improvements thus far are palpable! So proud of the team. They're amazing!! It has not at all been an easy road, but it's become a labor of love.
I guess that's about it for the excitement on my end for now. I will post another blog after the weekend with some new pics and such.
Comments
Post a Comment