Before I open up my arms and fall, losing all control, every dream inside my soul...And when you kiss me on that midnight street, sweep me off my feet...singing ain't this life so sweet.

Well, well, well... It's been a little bit since my last update, so I thought I'd bring ya'll up to speed! Brace yourself... lot's of pics to come (I feel like every blog post needs pictures, especially when my words are not that clever).

So, at the beginning of the month my "brother" PJ moved out of Houston to The Woodlands- so he enlisted the help of yours truly to assist with the move. I would like to post a disclaimer however- to those of you that are laughing at the notion of me assisting with the move and my "lack of physicality"... we didn't actually do the move ourselves. Peej hired some fantastic movers so my role was much more that of a supervisor than actual laborer... that is until it came time to unload said boxes. OMG. I had no idea he had so much stuff. Somehow I got assigned kitchen duty, and I swear it seemed like those boxes materialized out of thin air- we we were done and then poof, there is another kitchen box! By the time I left though, every box was unpacked except for his extensive game collection.

After a long day of unpacking we went out to dinner at the painfully common ever exciting, Cheesecake Factory! Truthfully though, I hadn't been there in a long time and Peej being a new resident to The Woodlands didn't really know any good local spots. Regardless, it was fun. We sipped on cosmos and had a tipsy stint in the mall... Then we moseyed on over to "the" gay bar of the Woodlands. Long story short- the women out numbered the men 10:1. A far cry from the good ol' days in Montrose.

The only pic of us I snapped on the whole trip... at the bar
After helping with all of the moving and what not, I got to see my sweet friend Katie and her precious new baby little Ms. Emme Kate! She is too sweet for words, and it is clear that Katie is going to be an excellent mother. And, for the record she looked phenomenal just 4 days after giving birth (as if I expected any less).

Little Babushka!

Sleepy baby
After flying back to DC the weather was absolutely beautiful! It had rained the entire time I was in Houston, so I needed to take in the beautiful weather- so I went out for a few cocktails... with this view...

This is Washington Harbor on the Potomac River- with the Kennedy Center in the background.  This view will never get old. Not even a mile from our house... Love!!!
While in Houston- Matty (Peej's little bro) introduced me to an amazing, and highly addictive new game for the iPhone/iPad- called "Draw Something"- here is a sample of my amazing artistry skills...

Drew this for Jas...doesn't get much better than this, folks!
And, I have since gotten many of my friends and family highly addicted to this game as well. Love it.

In other news, this past Friday the weather was nothing short of GORGEOUS! Low 80's, sunny, beautiful! So, Jas and I decided to take a little walk... and by little I mean we walked almost 10 miles around the city. We had an amazing time just talking and catching up. I think Jas was a bit tired of my incessant picture taking so it went by the wayside as the night went on. It was really wonderful though.



Lincoln Memorial

Washington Memorial

Cherry Blossoms on the Tidal Basin


MLK Memorial

Jefferson Memorial

Shotty attempt at a self portrait...woof!


Lovely.


Loved the reflection
Walked all the way around the Tidal Basin to the other side to get a sunset shot at the Jefferson Memorial

Casa Blanca
Throughout our 10 mile journey Jas and I kept commenting to each other that we can't believe we live here! It's so wild to think that we can take a walk and see all of these amazing famous sites. We saw so many tourists, and tons of people from other countries. It was very humbling and just amazing to think that this is our reality now.

So thankful that we had the opportunity to take that walk, and I'm looking forward to many more to come (especially since Jas has signed up to run the Marine Corps Marathon in Oct! Distances are going to have to be something that he becomes accustomed to! OMG!).

Comments