Birds flying high- you know how I feel. Sun in the sky- you know how I feel. Breeze driftin' on by- you know how I feel. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me... and I'm feeling good

Here we are... 17 weeks and counting. I had a tiny freak out this morning when I logged into my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" App and it said that there are 22 weeks and 6 days left until Lil G is here! OMG! And it's the size of a sweet potato. Lucky for me, I love sweet potatoes. If there were 2 words I could use to describe how I'm feeling at this point- it's "Feeling Good". I like this. I hope it stays... but there is little fear in the back of my mind that it won't stay this way... Pregnancy has been far too easy thus far. Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts I guess!
I thought I may try something different as many of you are asking what's going on in this pregnancy. A friend of mine did an almost weekly pregnancy blog update, and she followed the format below. I thought I'd try it on for size... We'll see how it goes. 
-->
·       Maternity Clothes: Lucky for me, I wear scrubs to work everyday... so I don't have to mess too much with maternity clothes. On my days off, if I'm out and about though, I'm definitely wearing maternity clothes. They're so darn comfortable! I mean, you really can't beat a stretchy waistband pair of jeans. The other thing I'm living in at this point is yoga pants- they're just too comfortable. 

·       Weight Gain:  Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Holla! Actually, I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 3lbs since this whole process started. I'm trying to be conscientious of my eating. I'm not anywhere near starving myself, but I do make healthier choices. I'd be lying if I said I didn't drink a regular Coke every now and then. Man, that sounds good right now... 

·       Stretch Marks: Nope! Stretch mark free. Been lathering up with lotion for another reason (see symptoms bullet), but certainly can't hurt in keeping the stretch marks at bay... 

·       Movement: I felt the first movements yesterday! I was with a patient, adjusting her fetal monitor, and all of a sudden I felt this bizarre flutter in my belly... now, I've been a gassy girl lately (I think every pregnant girl would tell you that that happens), but this was definitely different than that. Pretty cool, looking forward to more. 

·       Sleep:  Ohhhh sleep. Well, let me tell you... I seem to have no problems getting to sleep. I think as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out. But, I wake up probably 4 times every night to pee. Usually first bathroom run happens about 3 hours after I go to bed. It's annoying, but I'm pretty used to it by now. The worst part is, generally around 0600 or so, if I wake up to pee, I stay up. I can't usually fall back asleep after that. Annoying? Yes. But, it's all part of the end goal.

·       Things I miss:  This is going to make me sound like a total lush, but I'm going to say it anyway- alcohol. Wine. Margaritas. Vodka. Ooooh, vodka... how do I miss thee?! Yum. It's awful, but it is what it is. The other thing I miss is bean sprouts... Love them in salads, love the satisfying crunch... but no. And that leads me to sushi, oh man, I saw the most delicious looking Ahi Tuna salad the other day- I was literally salivating. Alas, I opted for the chicken salad instead. Indeed, it left me wanting more. But, CHEERS to a healthy pregnancy. Go me... or something like that. 

·       Energy: Doing fine in the energy department. I've always been an early to bed girl, I'm just tired come 930, so I'm doing that. Some days I stay up later. Depends. I'm working 40 hours a week and seem to be managing that just fine. Little bit of back pain after a long day at work, but I had that pre-pregnancy, so NBD (No Big Deal- to my non-textual brethren).  

·       Symptoms:  ITCHING. Oh.My.Freaking.Goodness. I cannot stop itching. I don't know if it's the combination of radiator heating in our house, the general dryness that comes with winter or this pregnancy... but I itch CONSTANTLY. I found this Aveeno lotion that supposed to help with itching, and I've had Jas lathering up every inch of me. Thankfully, he goes along willingly, but I'm sure he's tired of it. The other really fun symptom I've developed as of late, tinkling (that is peeing myself, just a tad) when I sneeze. That happened for the first time this week, and I immediately went into hyper-kegel mode. If I'm peeing myself already, this is only going to get worse. I refuse to be the one wearing a diaper come delivery time. REFUSE. 

·       News:  I have my 18 week appointment this Friday, with another Ultrasound. Always fun to see Lil G, and what it's up to in there. 

 
--> In other news, Jas and I are heading to NYC in a few weeks for a "Baby-moon"- not exactly the destination I had in mind for a getaway, but Jas brought up some good points... He said that it will probably be several years before a kid would appreciate NYC. It's a lot more likely that we'll be taking a kid to the beach before New York. I have to agree. So, NYC it is. We're taking Amtrak (never done that before) and staying at a hotel in Times Square. Good times! Looking forward to it.

That's it for today! More to come soon enough, friends! 

Comments