I see trees of green, red roses too... I see them bloom for me and you, and I think to myself what a wonderful world. I see skies of blue, clouds of white, bright blessed days, dark sacred nights and I think to myself what a wonderful world. The colors of a rainbow so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people going by. I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do, they're really saying- I love you.

I'm feeling thankful this morning. So incredibly thankful for such a great life. I'm also thankful for the way things happen...

A few years back when we were living in Texas, Jason and I tried to have a baby. At that time, it just wasn't in the cards. I began to think it might never be, it was sad at first but we moved forward. We went on about living life- having experiences that in hindsight I'm sure we wouldn't have had, and making friends for life. We learned a lot about ourselves individually, and we learned a lot about each other. We focused a lot of energy on our careers, and education. Jason completed his PhD, I got my master's degree. We traveled and savored life.

There are so many times I think to myself I'm not ready for this baby... but I am. I'm as ready now as I'll ever be. If it hadn't happened now, I would've still continued to live my life the way that I've been living it. But I think this baby is the icing on the cake, or the secret ingredient in my favorite recipe... sure you could get along without it, but that ingredient just makes it so much better. Having this baby will make life so much sweeter. And I love the sweet life.

Ice skating in Houston

Jason's graduation for his doctorate

Snowboarding in Park City, UT

My graduation from graduate school

Live.Laugh.Love.

Lake Erie

Disney! 

Mexico

Nuf said.

Color Run 5k

Ravens/Texans game 

Enough of the sappy stuff this morning... we went for the nuchal translucency test last week and unfortunately Lil G was measuring too big for the scan (has to be done before baby measures 14 weeks). The doctor said that everything looked good, but the test is invalid due to Lil G's size at that time. Oh well! It was a great excuse to see the precious babe. I also had a doctors appointment, and they discovered that I have some mild HYPERthyroidism in this pregnancy. It's a bit on the more uncommon side- found in 0.2-0.4% of pregnancies. I'm going to follow up with an endocrinologist. Hoping I won't have to take any medications, but it could certainly be worse. Thankful that this is the only hiccup thus far.

My belly continues to grow, it definitely is bigger at night after a long day at work. There is no more sucking in... when it begins to look like a baby bump I promise I'll post pics. For now it just looks like a fat roll :)

Life is good! What a wonderful world!

You and me, plus baby makes three! <3

Comments

  1. How exciting for you two! You are going to have a blast as parents - I'm sure you will be the funniest parents in town! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment