I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do... My gift is my song, and this one's for you. And you can tell everybody, this is your song. It may be quite simple, but now that it's done- I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words... how wonderful life is while you're in the world.

This guy.


Pretty freaking fabulous. And it's his 31st birthday today! The above picture was taken at "Baby Care and Infant CPR class" that we attended today. Great way to spend your birthday, huh? Well, Jas thought it was. He actually got quite into it... Check out these back blows:



Jas did an awesome job with all of the infant CPR, actually. Even better than me- I was pushing a bit too hard on the babies head during the chest compression portion (you hold the head to stabilize the baby while doing compressions)... guess I can blame that on all of those years doing CPR in the adult world. Another highlight for me, was being called "Meghan" repeatedly by the instructor... this is not the first time I've been called Meghan... my dear friend in Texas and I have been mistaken for one another on an occasion or two... 

Moving on, I was really excited about the gift I got for Jas for his birthday this year- after much research I found a barber shop that will "pamper" him with an authentic straight razor shave (think- hot towels, foamy shaving cream lather, rinse and repeat) as well as a professional haircut (we've been buzzing his hair in our bathroom for years). He deserves it, and more. I tried to sing him "Your Song" by Elton John and I was told that it might be better for our unborn child's ears if I refrained. So, I just decided to use it in my blog heading instead. Hey, it's the thought that counts. 

As this pregnancy has progressed (did I mention we have now passed the 36 week mark?!), so has the swelling in my extremities... I've never been one to hold back (y'all have heard more than enough about my urinary incontinence issues to last you a lifetime)... so here are a few pics of the really great edema I've developed this week... Each of these pics were from a different day...

Flip flops- can't you tell?

Um... what is that bulge in my ankle?!

This pic is almost too disgusting for words. It's like cankles central up in here. 
So that's fun. My legs and feet feel so tight... bleh! That's what we call a #PGP aka #PregnantGirlProblem. Awesome. I knew this pregnancy was going far too easily... 

Another #PGP that I discovered this week is my capacity for eating. We discovered a new DC restaurant with our Texas friend, Stacy, who was in town for a conference this week. The restaurant is called "Founding Farmers" and the food was absolutely divine. I could not stop eating. I ate to a point of SEVERE discomfort. I learned my lesson and will never do that again. Word to the wise- with a ~6 pound baby baking inside of your abdomen, you no longer have room to consume full portions! Good to know, good to know... 
Me and Stacy before dinner... Luckily we did not snap an after dinner pic, it was not pretty. 
I'd also like to point out how thankful I am for honest friends... my sweet friend Joel, made it a point to let me know that I "look swoll" after this pic emerged online. Joel, thank you for your honesty... I love/hate you. Just kidding. It's so true though... Ugh, #PGP. 

Lookin' swoll. 

So, my size scrubs were out of stock, so I had to go down a size... this meant squeezing into something extremely tight. Please note Hadley displaying the goods. And, I'd like to point out, that is NOT my belly button bulging out at the bottom of my belly- it is the ties on my scrub pants. My belly button has remained a precious "innie."

It's so oddly shaped from this angle... I feel like Dan Akroyd's conehead is protruding from my abdomen
In other news, I've been trying some new summer recipes this week! I made an asparagus and corn salad... delicious. And I've also been on a quinoa kick! I've never cooked with it before, this was my first attempt and it turned out quite well, if I do say so myself:
This is a quinoa, corn, scallion salad with a lemon butter sauce! Delicioso! Quinoa is a super food, and I'm really loving the versatility of it. Rock on, quinoa. Rock on. 

The nursery continues to come together in anticipation of this little bambino. My Gammy got us a gift card to Etsy for one of our showers, so I ordered some fantastic chevron baskets. They are adorable, and arrived this week:

So happy with them! Now I've just got to figure out what to put in each one. 

Lastly, the car was due for inspection so I ventured over to SW DC this week to get it inspected. I thought going in the middle of the morning would be a good time... clearly I was mistaken...
Luckily I didn't have any plans this day because it took nearly an hour to get through the line. Oh well, inspection is good for 2 years, so at least it will be a long while before either of us need to wait in this line again. 

Big thanks to all of those who have put down their gender predictions on our "Baby Pool" website. It has been so much fun reading all of them. I especially love the either REALLY long or short labor times. Hilarious. And some of the names are pretty nice. If you haven't put down your guesses yet, here is the link

Also, Peej has found the perfect postpartum exercise for me to engage in... I'm definitely leaning towards this one as a possibility. 2 very important points to take away from this video- "Camel Toe".


That is all. Until next time... 

Comments