So, I chose the song in my header for a few reasons... First of all, when we drove to Ohio to see family and celebrate Christmas, we chose to drive through the night. Totally sucked for us, but was perfect for her. She sleeps all night, and we didn't want to mess up her sleep schedule by having her sleep in the car during the day... Plus, since she doesn't take any feeds at night we wouldn't have to make any stops for a feeding. Easy peasy. Oh, and the second reason I chose the this song, is it kept playing on the radio the ENTIRE drive. I swear I had the words memorized after about the 2nd time listening. I hate One Direction. And I was reminded about what it's like to drive your car everyday and listen to the radio playing the same songs continually. Over it. Walking to work is so much better.

We had a lovely visit in Ohio. This was Evie's second time making the trip. For being completely out of her element, I would say she did pretty damn good. It was really great to see our friends and family! Sure do miss everyone!
 |
| Sitting?! No problem dude. |
 |
| I love this face! |
Since we didn't get Evie any Christmas gifts this year <gasp! Worst.Parents.EVER.> Santa luckily made the stop at our house before we left (via gifts from my Mom and grandmother), and then he also stopped at my Dad/MK's and Jason's parents house. Lucky girl! She, and we, were swarmed with gifts. There was some concern about whether or not it would all fit in the car. It all fit. Hooray!
Baby Led Weaning continues to go really well. Evie is truly enjoying it. I'm learning to embrace the mess, but it's not always easy. We have a new plan in place- her messiest meal of the day will be at lunchtime. Then she will get thrown in the tub right after lunch. It's just too hard to fit everything in during the evenings.
She has discovered her feet and she absolutely loves them. It's been chilly here lately, so we have had her in PJ's basically all day. We take her feet out of them for a little while everyday and she rolls all over the place holding on to her feet, sucking on her toes. It's pretty funny to watch.
 |
| Yum! |
Jas and I have decided to commit to our health in 2014 (who doesn't, right?). Anyway, for Christmas we received both a Nutribullet and a juicer! We haven't set the juicer up yet (definitely will be in the next few weeks- just need to find room in our sardine can of a kitchen), but we've been using the Nutribullet almost every single day! Love that thing! I feel so much better about myself getting in the appropriate amount of fruits and veggies every day. I can only eat so many salads, so this has been a great alternative. Loving it. We will see how things continue with this, I'm definitely feeling optimistic and I think it will become a part of my routine for a long time to come.
 |
| Spinach, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and celery |
 |
| My favorite 'Blast' so far- spinach, cucumber, frozen strawberries, mint and flax |
 |
| So good! |
Next blog will be forthcoming in the next few days... We are doing sleep training due to Evie's 30 minute nap schedule...which has been absolutely killing me. So, stay tuned for that- it will be an interesting post.
I suppose that's all for now. Until next time...
Comments
Post a Comment