Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, it's not warm when she's away. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, and she's always gone too long. Anytime she goes away...

I am not cut out for the single parent life... The next time Jas goes out of town, I'm going to have to rent a spouse because this is just not for me. Oh Em Gee!
Day 1 that Dada is away... we're all smiles!
A few posts ago, I got some feedback about the amount of times I mentioned poop... I'm going to forewarn whomever out there right now, that this post will be mentioning poop. But not baby poop... 

Managing a busy 9 month old is exhausting! Managing a busy 9 month old and a dog that refuses to deuce in the backyard is depleting! 
Busy 
Busy!
Busyyyy!!
So freaking busy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every morning and evening since Jas has been gone I bundle up the baby (because of course while he's gone it has to be cold- ain't no sunshine when he's gone), either put her in the carrier or the stroller (the stroller sucks because it's bulky/heavy and has to go up and down the stairs out front our house), and then get myself ready, and then put the leash on the dog. This is about a 10 minute process every time we go out. 
I'm so excited to be taking the doggy, et al. outside! Weeeeee!
Yesterday I took the dog out for her evening walk, got the baby bundled, me bundled and headed out... We find a nice spot (the dog takes a minimum of 15 minutes to always find said spot), and does her thing. I reach into my pocket to grab a bag to pick it up... And I find that I have forgotten my bags at home. Crap. Oh, and I neglected to mention this is right over by Secretary of State Kerry's house... with his Secret Service dudes sitting out right front. So... I have to pick it up. OMG. 
Kill me.
There is some sort of ivy vine growing close by, so I break off 2 leaves and this is what I end up with...

Yup. I did it. 
 After cursing at myself the entire walk home with this poo in my hand between 2 leaves, trying to look inconspicuous, I swear that I will NEVER forget bags again. Ever.

Fast forward to today, and the dog is having some GI issues... this is not uncommon when either Jas or I go out of town... she just get's in a weird place when it comes to her bowel habits. So this morning, she keeps sitting by the door and scratching to go out. I take her out a second time, and she takes another decent sized poo- this is not normal... she's a twice a day girl. And, having to bundle both me and the baby up every single time is nothing short of annoying. So, when a third time just before noon she's scratching at the door yet again I'm about to blow my cork. 

We head out (after the bundling and heavy lifting...). The dog poops again! This is 3 times before noon ya'll... I reach into my pocket to grab a bag... Guess who forgot the bags YET AGAIN. Thankfully, she did her business on another street besides Sec. of State Kerry's... and I do something I've never done before... I quickly bury it under some leaves! Eeek! Oh, and then I swiftly walk away as if nothing ever happened. 
This is us trying to look unrecognizable shortly after the poop and run event.
Truth be told I'm amazed that in the last week I've not locked us out of the house or forgotten the baby at home. I'll put that in the win column. 
Mama made breakfast! French toast and blueberries. This kid...so lucky. 
Naps and bedtime sleep have also been quite an adventure this week. Evie is freaking EVERYWHERE. Up, down and all around. It's awesome to see her developing so much, but it definitely has made our naptime/bedtime routine a bit more intensive. 
I love that butt. 

Yea, that's nap time. We're standing in our crib. Awesome.
She's just so darn cute though. 

Thankfully my Gammy came down yesterday for lunch. My friend Arabella and her adorable son Zephyr came over in the afternoon as well. It definitely helped break up the monotony... and it's always nice to have visitors!

Gams!
Zephyr is Evie's love interest. They flirt. And drool on each other. It's sweet. 
She grabs his foot in a flirtatious way. 
The visitors have been great. But, needless to say, I'm really looking forward to Jas returning home tomorrow! It has been kinda sweet to wake up to this face every morning though... and yes, she will be standing in her crib waiting for me...just like this...

Comments