There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side... It's the climb.
Ok, so I hate to play the busy card again... but it's true. I've been busy. And truthfully, I've had a lot on my mind and it's been hard to sit down and get back in the writing game again.
But, life is good! So good.
I was reflecting upon some of my previous posts and I fear that sometimes I may come off as sounding like I don't like my life, or that I don't like having a kid... and I just want to make it perfectly clear- that is 100% NOT TRUE. I absolutely LOVE my life, and I feel beyond blessed to have not only Evie, but another one on the way- and I assure you I never take that for granted.
I have several friends, some close, some acquaintances, some are friends of friends who have been on some lengthy and frustrating fertility journeys. Especially to those that are struggling to get pregnant, please know that I do understand how lucky we are. And I wish that I could just wave my magic wand and gift you with what your heart desires most. Sadly, it doesn't work that way, so all I can offer you is every bit of positive energy and prayers that I have. And promise you, that I never take what I have for granted.
I have always strived to 'keep it real' with my blog. I have never wanted to sugarcoat anything, because to me that's not authentic. And I like to think of myself as authentic person. I'm an open book. I'll talk about anything, and I'll tell you my true feelings on whatever it is- good or bad. And that's really just me.
The small wins keep me going. Knowing that a nap time is coming up in 2 hours keeps me going- because I know that will be a small break. The laughter and smiles keeps me going. The kisses and hugs are a wonderful currency and I suck up every ounce to get me through the rough times.
Because the rough times do come. And they suck.
Temper tantrums {wait, I thought those didn't happen til they turned 2?!?!} over not allowing her to play with the steak knife are a very really thing. Hissy fits because I won't let her put her get the dishwashing detergent pods out of the box to eat is a daily occurrence- and uphill battle {she knows where we keep them, so now that there is a child lock on the door she just goes and bangs on the door}. Thinking she's going in for a hug and then she slips in a bite with her razor blade like teeth has happened twice- and I think my reaction scared her enough that it won't happen again (God willing). Baby sign language has been a blessing and a curse- because she will ferociously sign for "eat" even after she has just consumed more food than a grown-ass man at an all-you-can-eat buffet... just 10 minutes prior. Child- you cannot seriously be hungry right now.
But it's more than worth it.
I write this blog mostly for me... but I write it also for you. Some of you have kids that are grown now and you can sit back and relate "yup, I remember those days...". Others of you are in the same situation as me- just trying to figure out how to get it all done. And wondering if 'it's' normal. Whatever 'it' is. I write this blog for those that are curious what life is like with a kid. I write this blog for those that never had children, but like to sit back and sinisterly laugh at all of our mishaps along the way! I write this blog for my friends that are trying to conceive- and I promise I'm not trying to talk them out of continuing their journey! But, I write this blog because it's real. And so much of the stuff out there isn't real.
To those who have been along for the ride and for whatever reason still continue the mostly bumpy ride- thanks. I will make more of an effort to write more often.
Until next time... enjoy the climb.









Comments
Post a Comment