We live and we learn to take one step at time, there's no need to rush. It's like learning to fly, or falling in love. It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen... and we find the reasons why, one step at a time.
Keeping up with the Garee's... September 2014 Edition.
So, I'm trying to take advantage of this time of only "Evie & Me" to fullest. I know that when this new baby comes, it's going to be quite a bit more difficult to do one-on-one activities with her. So, I decided to sign her up for tiny tots swim lessons! We are doing them every Friday. She had her first class last week, and she loved it! We will just say, this experience went much better than THIS experience. Shudder. That was rough.
The class really focuses on getting them used to the water. We sing. We splash. We practice floating. We practice paddling by fetching a toy. We practice jumping in the pool- with permission! It's really cool. And definitely worth the minimal costs. I'm just sad we didn't sign her up sooner. Oh well.
I'm having issues with hyperthyroid again in this pregnancy. And I found out that my untreated hyperthyroid in the last pregnancy could have led to Evie's IUGR. So, I have an appt with an endocrinologist next week. I'm looking forward to getting some answers. No one ever mentioned the possibility of Evie's IUGR being related to my thyroid. Amazing how everyone just skirted that issue...
Oh, also due to my history with hyperthyroid and IUGR in the last pregnancy, they have moved my pregnancy into the high risk category. I'm not really upset about this, and honestly, I'm quite relieved to know that I'm going to be closely monitored by specialists. IUGR is a very scary thing, and can lead to stillbirth. So, I would much rather err on the side of caution.
What does a high risk pregnancy mean for me? Well, at this point, it's just frequent monitoring by the MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor). At this stage in my pregnancy, I will be going every 4 weeks. They will do growth scans to evaluate this little babe's growth and progress. At my anatomy scan everything looked great. And the babe was actually measuring about a week ahead. Let's keep it that way! Grow baby, grow!
Evie's ever budding personality continues to be a delight to both Jason and I. She's so curious and playful. She likes to point her finger at the dog and say "bad dog" when she's barking. She continues to love to play hide and seek-hiding behind whatever she can find. Today she hid her eyes behind a sock. She's working on her language development. A lot of times though, she seems to only want to speak in 2 word sentences. You won't hear any "mama's" from her at this point. And that's ok. She's constantly chatty... and we are embracing what she does say and we are just going with it. One step at a time.
![]() |
| Yup, that's my underwear on her head. She decided to wear it as a hat. |
![]() |
| Pigtails! |
![]() |
| Swagger! |
![]() |
| Bounce house or lay down and roll around house? |
This is Evie saying "Hi there. How are you?"
Jason is working harder than I've ever seen him work. Yesterday he worked just over 16 hours (Um, what?!)... and last Friday, when he came home from work he exclaimed with some sadness in his eyes "This is the first time I've seen Evie since Tuesday." I said "Really?!" He said "You didn't realize that? Yea, the last time I see her is never really far from my mind." Gosh, that's so sad. We are weathering this storm, and trying to figure out the next steps, but it's not always easy. He takes advantage of whatever time he does have with her though, and you can tell he's really savoring every minute. The life of a postdoc- Boo.
I suppose that's all for now. I know it's not my most interesting post. But, it is what it is. This is where we are today. And we are just taking things one step at a time. Trying not to worry about tomorrow... and savoring the moments of today.
![]() |
| Ev reading with Jason's grandmother (one of Evie's great-grandmothers). |
Until next time... enjoy today!








Comments
Post a Comment