Mama told me when I was young, come sit beside me... my only son, and listen closely to what I say. And if you do this it will help you some sunny day. Take your time... don't live too fast, troubles come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love, and don't forget son, there is someone up above. And be a simple kind of man. Be something you love and understand. Baby, be a simple kind of man, oh won't you do this for me son, if you can?
Well, this time we decided to find out the gender of this little babe... We weren't going to, and then we were and then we weren't... and we ultimately decided it would be a lot more practical to know if we need to pack Evie's old clothes away in boxes or if we should keep them out...
So without further adieu...
IT'S A BOY!
And thus, the lyrics in my headline. Ever since I found out we were having a boy- I haven't been able to get that good ol Lynard Skynard song out of my head. I sing it or hum all day long.
So anyway, there it is. It's a boy. Yay!
A few people have asked me how I feel about having a boy. I don't really feel any certain way about it. Maybe I should? We really felt like if we were having another girl (which we were pretty sure we were), that would be great. And if it was a boy, that would be great too. Can't really lose!
I had a million names for girls... and I'm struggling a bit with boy names. And Jason and I only agree about 10% of the time... So, who knows what this poor kids name will end up being. It may be a month after he's born before he officially has a name. Oh well.
Moving on- I thought I may take advantage of this opportunity to do what I did in my last pregnancy and hit some of the high points of pregnancy... Joy.
Weight Gain: Um, I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say- first pregnancy I hardly gained anything, and this pregnancy I've already gained more than I did the entire last pregnancy. Awesome. But, guess what- I really don't care. Where is the cookie dough?!
Movement: So they say babies in the womb sleep approximately 14 hours a day... Not a chance with this kid. He moves all the time. Like non-stop. And we're talking big movement. Flips n' shit.
Sleep: Ha! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm actually dying laughing reading one of my old blog posts from my first pregnancy talking about how much sleep I was getting. I'm insulted.
Things I miss: Um... I don't even know. Am I allowed to miss something? That feels forbidden.
Energy: What's that?
Symptoms: So the symptom that is annoying me most right now, and has annoyed me the entire pregnancy is things that make me gag. Like for example, brushing my teeth, or holding my cell phone in my mouth while trying to take care of Evie- I literally gag, and almost throw up every time. It's horrible. I hate this. And outside of pregnancy it's not an issue. Oh, and sciatica. It is out of control. I did not have this pain at all in my first pregnancy... and now I have it all the time. It's the devil.
News: So, I'm still seeing the High Risk doctors for my history of IUGR (this baby continues to be growing ahead though- thank goodness!). And I'm also seeing the endocrinologist for my now defined "Thyroid Dysfunction"- I'm not hyper or hypo- but I'm dysfunctional. Awesome. My TSH is almost non-detectable. But, my Free T3 and Free T4 are in normal range. Sweet. A walking medical mystery... again.
Also, a few people had been asking to see some "Bump Pics" so here it is... It's only taken me 24 weeks. Why has it taken so long you ask? Well, with Jason working all day errrrryday, it's hard to find someone to snap a pic when I'm looking decent. And as you can see below- the selfie prego pic makes me look 4 times as large.
| Please note I'm wearing sunglasses in this pic... to cover the bags under my eyes, and conceal the fact that I have on no makeup. It's a scary sight under there. |
| Photo Bomb, and a beluga whale in the foreground |
Evie's doing great. Growing and changing by the day. She's a great little lady. I love her personality... and I get a bit frustrated with her independence. But, I'm trying to embrace it. In so many ways she reminds me of me...
| Tears because I took away the pen that she was playing with that magically exploded all over her face, hands and mouth. Winning. |
| Running around Easton with Poppy |
| Uncle Jim |
| Smiles with Mimi |
| Trying to figure out that guy |

Comments
Post a Comment