It might seem crazy what I'm about to say, sunshine she's here, you can take away. I'm a hot air balloon, I could go to space with the air, like I don't care baby by the way... Because I'm happy.
Life with 2...
How do I begin to describe it?
Well, it's much like life was with just one newborn... with the addition of a meth head chimpanzee running around. :)
But seriously, this time around is really so different than with my first. I did A LOT of reading after E was born- late night nursing sessions allowed time for searching the internet for information on the following: spit up, colors of poop, crying, is my baby eating enough?, soothing a crying infant, soothing a crying adult who's trying to soothe a crying infant. Will I ever feel normal again? How many days can I go without brushing my teeth before I get a cavity? When is too early to start teaching ABC's? I think my child is advanced for their age- she's 6 weeks. Am I producing enough milk? How many times can I smack my husband to get out of bed to care for my baby before it's considered abuse? Is there a way for men to lactate?
With Numero Dos, my late night nursing sessions are spent on the following (in no particular order): Trivia Crack, Words with Friends, perfecting my Facebook thumb scroll, and "double tapping" on Instagram.
What a change! And I'm not complaining. My Trivia Crack scores have never been better!
Needless to say, there is a definite comfort level associated with having been through the whole 'baby thing' before. And I like it. It's like an old hat. An old pair of jeans if you will... so old in fact, that occasionally you feel a draft because a hole has worn through where your thighs rub together. Ahhhh, that's nice. Sort of.
Having a boy though, well that was a change. I thought for sure Jas would understand how 'boy parts' work, and thus be a pro. WRONG. Poor Weston has gotten pee in his hair, on his face, neck, chest, feet...you name it, because his Pops has neglected to cover up the goods during a diaper change. I would like to point out that his mom only had this happen once, and it was just a lil spritz, and it has never happened again. We also experienced {painfully} the art of remembering to "flip the tip" down when putting on a new diaper. The poor lil guy had urine all over his back, down his legs, on his sides... all that. :( We have since learned our lesson. 15 outfit changes and hell of a lot of laundry later. Holla!
My favorite days are the days that Jason is home. We divide and conquer. I take W and Jas takes E. This flows like finely a tuned machine. It's a thing of beauty. Now, when Jas goes to work Monday-Friday... well that's a whole different story. Things tend to go to hell in a hand basket...
One day poor W had a particularly rough day with reflux {read: projectile vomiting ev.ery.where... and i mean everywhere- all over me, all over the couch, all over him-hair, neck, face, body} and I couldn't just let him wallow in it, and I had to give him a bath... so, I try to corral Evie while I give Weston a bath in the kitchen. I get W all clean, and wrapped in a towel just in time to see Evie climbing up a kitchen chair, onto the kitchen table?!?!?! Oh lawdy. I run over, get her off the table, and head over to get some clothes to put on W. On the walk to other room I hear water trickling... I look down to see that Weston is urinating all over the floor- out the bottom of his towel. Evie is now walking in it. This can't get worse. Oh, is that the dog licking up the spit up off the floor from where Weston spit up 15 minutes ago? Why yes it is... And Evie just slipped and fell in the urine and is now crying. And of course, Weston is crying too- he's cold.
Well this sucks.
Thankfully we only have days where it's just me and the kiddos 5 out of 7 days {O...M...G}.
My Dad and MK come over Thursday evenings when Jas works late, and that's actually been a huge relief. You would never think that having someone else to share thechaos wealth with 2 hours a week would mean so much, but it does. It's nice to have someone to hand a kid off to or have adult conversation with, even if it's just for a little while.
I suppose that's enough of an update for now... I will say, I am truly happier than I've ever been. And even with all the chaos and fatigue and crazy moments, I do feel a wholeness that I never expected... I'm happy.
How do I begin to describe it?
Well, it's much like life was with just one newborn... with the addition of a meth head chimpanzee running around. :)
But seriously, this time around is really so different than with my first. I did A LOT of reading after E was born- late night nursing sessions allowed time for searching the internet for information on the following: spit up, colors of poop, crying, is my baby eating enough?, soothing a crying infant, soothing a crying adult who's trying to soothe a crying infant. Will I ever feel normal again? How many days can I go without brushing my teeth before I get a cavity? When is too early to start teaching ABC's? I think my child is advanced for their age- she's 6 weeks. Am I producing enough milk? How many times can I smack my husband to get out of bed to care for my baby before it's considered abuse? Is there a way for men to lactate?
With Numero Dos, my late night nursing sessions are spent on the following (in no particular order): Trivia Crack, Words with Friends, perfecting my Facebook thumb scroll, and "double tapping" on Instagram.
What a change! And I'm not complaining. My Trivia Crack scores have never been better!
Needless to say, there is a definite comfort level associated with having been through the whole 'baby thing' before. And I like it. It's like an old hat. An old pair of jeans if you will... so old in fact, that occasionally you feel a draft because a hole has worn through where your thighs rub together. Ahhhh, that's nice. Sort of.
Having a boy though, well that was a change. I thought for sure Jas would understand how 'boy parts' work, and thus be a pro. WRONG. Poor Weston has gotten pee in his hair, on his face, neck, chest, feet...you name it, because his Pops has neglected to cover up the goods during a diaper change. I would like to point out that his mom only had this happen once, and it was just a lil spritz, and it has never happened again. We also experienced {painfully} the art of remembering to "flip the tip" down when putting on a new diaper. The poor lil guy had urine all over his back, down his legs, on his sides... all that. :( We have since learned our lesson. 15 outfit changes and hell of a lot of laundry later. Holla!
My favorite days are the days that Jason is home. We divide and conquer. I take W and Jas takes E. This flows like finely a tuned machine. It's a thing of beauty. Now, when Jas goes to work Monday-Friday... well that's a whole different story. Things tend to go to hell in a hand basket...
One day poor W had a particularly rough day with reflux {read: projectile vomiting ev.ery.where... and i mean everywhere- all over me, all over the couch, all over him-hair, neck, face, body} and I couldn't just let him wallow in it, and I had to give him a bath... so, I try to corral Evie while I give Weston a bath in the kitchen. I get W all clean, and wrapped in a towel just in time to see Evie climbing up a kitchen chair, onto the kitchen table?!?!?! Oh lawdy. I run over, get her off the table, and head over to get some clothes to put on W. On the walk to other room I hear water trickling... I look down to see that Weston is urinating all over the floor- out the bottom of his towel. Evie is now walking in it. This can't get worse. Oh, is that the dog licking up the spit up off the floor from where Weston spit up 15 minutes ago? Why yes it is... And Evie just slipped and fell in the urine and is now crying. And of course, Weston is crying too- he's cold.
Well this sucks.
| Is she trying to smoother him with the stuffed dog? She'll never tell... |
My Dad and MK come over Thursday evenings when Jas works late, and that's actually been a huge relief. You would never think that having someone else to share the
I suppose that's enough of an update for now... I will say, I am truly happier than I've ever been. And even with all the chaos and fatigue and crazy moments, I do feel a wholeness that I never expected... I'm happy.
Comments
Post a Comment