It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most... not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes. There's no dollar sign on peace of mind, this I've come to know. So if you agree, have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast...
| 6 weeks on the left vs. 17 weeks on the right. |
He's been the most welcome addition.
I have to sheepishly admit the following though... I thought I was pretty smart (about a lot of things)... that being said, I thought I had this whole "baby rearing thing" on lock... Erm... NO! I thought all babies were pretty similar. NEGATIVE. I repeat: ALL BABIES ARE NOT THE SAME! Who knew?!
Weston and Evie as a baby could not be more different.
| 3 month old Evie on the left, with Evie now on the right |
For example, sleep came very naturally to Miss Evie- she was doing a full 12 hours straight at a little over 10 weeks old. Weston, now 17 weeks has yet to do an entire 12 hour night. And he hit a sleep regression a week and a half ago that Evie never went through... It.was.awful. Up every hour. Every hour?! Seriously! We are out of the newborn phase here- that shit ain't right! It was enough to make me contemplate fleeing the country.
| He's a finger sucker! Evie never did this. Ever. |
Aside from the regression, I will say- Weston is a much happier baby. He smiles and laughs all the time. Evie was never like that at this age. She would have a few smiley moments a day, but I really had to work for them. Weston, all I have to do is talk to him the high pitched 'baby voice' and the kid is like buttah.
So, the inevitable question of 'when do you think you will have another one' keeps coming up... So much so that when I say to someone: "I want to talk to you about something..." they immediately say "You're pregnant again???" And I give a resounding NOOOO! I mean, 2 is enough right? And I still haven't even fully healed from giving birth a mere 4 months ago. I will admit though, today when we went to visit Adlee, it did make me miss the teeny tiny baby phase a bit... They're so small, and snugly, and they smell nice... But not enough to want to start this all over again... not right now anyway. And if you ask Jas, not ever. Never. No way. He's so anti having another kid, I have to check his phone to make sure he hasn't secretly scheduled a vasectomy. Ok, well maybe it's not that dramatic... but he doesn't want anymore. Yet. ;)
| "I'll take the first watch" - Bridesmaid references for all of you non-movie watchers out there |
| "If I was your boyfriend never let you go... Keep you on my arm girl, you'd never be alone. I could be a gentleman, anything you want. If I was your boyfriend." |
| Keeesssesss |
| Duck face...and baby, because why not? |
| Adlee James <3 |
| Shameless baby selfie |
We were so naive.
Having 2 kids is exponentially harder. I mean, it's a bit absurd how much more difficult it is.
But it's 100% worth it. It's the little things {and people} in your life that mean the most.
My mama heart continues to overflow.
Cheers!
Comments
Post a Comment