Oh my my my, I'm feeling high... my moneys gone, I'm all alone... too much... Ooh, the world is turnin', oh what a day, what a day, what a day. Peace and blessings manifest with every lesson learned. If your knowledge were your wealth then it would be well earned.

Oy! What a day, what a day...
INCONTINENCE... Yea.
Well, Jas and I decided that we thought it was time to potty train Evie... In hindsight this is kind of a hilarious thought because #1. WE decided this for her?? That's so not our style... We tend to be the laid back hippie types that let the kid make choices (on demand breast feeding, Baby Led Weaning, what do you want to wear today? Of x, y and z what do you want to eat? Etc.) #2. There really is no reason she needs to be potty trained. We don't have any reason we NEED to potty train her... We can afford diapers (thankful for money in the bank!), she's not in daycare so that isn't a requirement... It was more so a thought of "Well, maybe she's ready."
We looked into several methods of potty training- and the one that sounded the most intriguing was the "3 day potty training method". Potty trained...in 3 days?! Sign me up! 

We have been talking about the potty for months. We bought a few that we've let her check out- we've applauded her for sitting on it (with a diaper on), we've encouraged her to check it out and talked to her about going to the potty... and then we set a date. Today was the day! Hip hip hooray!

What ensued was not the 'hip hip hooray' I had in mind... I thought she was going to take to it no problem... But she didn't. After accident upon accident upon accident... and toddler meltdown after meltdown and us not wanting her to get to close to us for fear she would pee all over us- we decided this method is not for us. At least not now.



One of Evie's favorite afternoon activities is 'tickle monster' with her dad... and she couldn't do that today as this normally happens in a room with carpet... Evie had on underwear today that provided absolutely no barrier between her urine and whatever floor she happened to be on. So yea, carpet. She was miz. She didn't understand why she couldn't do what she wanted to do. And she didn't understand why we were so insistent that she sit on the potty all day long. Like I said, after cleaning up urine spot after urine spot we were afraid to encourage her to go anywhere but on the potty. In hindsight, this whole idea was just not good for us.

But... you live and you learn.

Jas and I talked for quite a long time tonight about what worked and what didn't work. And what sort of plan we have going forward. We feel so much better about tomorrow. For starters- we will be using pull ups instead of real underwear. Something about knowing that we won't have to be cleaning up urine every 15 minutes somehow puts my mind and body at ease. I have so much tension in my shoulders from today, I could seriously use a massage. We will ask her every morning, before every nap and before bed every night if she would like to try using the potty. If she does, great! If she doesn't, that's ok too. This is so much more our speed... I love giving her choices and letting her have some independence. She loves it too. So, even though we only had a limited number of successes on the potty today, I would still call this day a win. We learned a lot. So, stay tuned... we'll see how things go in the future.

Weston is still my sweet boy. He hates riding in his carseat... I really can't figure out why. He doesn't love the Ergo or Moby baby carriers that I have either... which is just so different than Evie. True testament to how no 2 babies are alike. He loves being sung to, he loves to smile (so much more than Evie ever did, kid literally smiles all day long), he loves when you use a high-pitched baby voice with him. Oh, and he's huge. I put him to bed tonight in a 6-9 month outfit... He's not quite 3.5 months old yet. He's grown 6.5 inches since birth... He's already more than doubled his birth weight (they usually do this by 5 months) at 16.5lbs. This is quite different from his sister... She grew pretty quickly after she was born, but not like him. I swear you can almost see him grow by the day. He hasn't rolled over yet- but I wouldn't be surprised if he does this much later than Evie... He's just such a big guy- that's a lot of weight to try to flip over. Ha!




Life is good. I love our little family. I know Weston has only been around for 3.5 months, but I truly can't imagine our lives without him. Some days are super chaotic, some days are pretty chill. But I wouldn't change a thing.

My lil mama heart just continues to overflow. <3

Comments