And so we're running just as fast as we can, holdin' on to one another's hands...tryin' to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say- I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around...I think we're alone now- the beating of our hearts is the only sound

2 weeks into this running extravaganza and we're still going strong! Jas and I started the C25K (Couch to 5k) running program and it's been working out well for us. If you are thinking about getting off your hinny and doing some exercise I would highly recommend it! It is a combination of walking and running all within a 30 minute workout- the goal is to get you to run a full 30 minutes without stopping by the end of the program- and that should be about 5k (or 3.12 miles).

In the 2 weeks we've been doing this we have seen an improvement in our walk and run paces! And within our half hour time frame we have been covering about 2.3 miles. It feels good to get out and do something physical. And seeing our progress has been fun. I look forward to the day I can run 3 miles and have it be no big deal...

Of course one of the great things in taking up a new hobby like running is the shopping! I've loaded up on some running gear- shorts and such, a little belt clip for my ipod (by the way, for you iphone/android people- they have the c25k program on the phone and it has a GPS and tells you your pace and maps your course as well!) and I even got new running socks- perfect for keeping my feet nice and dry:


Enough about running... my dear friend Stacy aka "Rev" is in town! We picked her up from the airport Sunday night, and she is currently with her family just across the river in Virginia. Her family is great! They even invited us over for a cookout and crabs the other night. We had a great time bonding with the crew and feasting on the delish crabs!

Me and Stace
Stacy is coming back to us either Friday or Saturday- I told her the other day it feels like we're passing our kid back and forth, but it's well worth it! I'm not 100% sure what we're going to get into this weekend, but Stacy has expressed interest in checking out all that Georgetown has to offer... including but not limited to the one and only- Georgetown Cupcake :) I think they may know my name in there by now, ha! We are also going to check out this great little well known spot called "The Guards" - I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to giving this place a shot. Whatever we do I'm confident we'll have a great time. I think that's all I've got for tonight. <3

Comments