I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on... running on-running on empty, running on- running on blind, running on-running into the sun, but I'm running behind...
Those that know me well, know that my mantra has always been "I do not run unless I'm being chased." Well, I don't know what has happened but not only have I decided to take up running but I've also decided to run in a half marathon at Disney World in January. What the heck is going on with me?!?! I think I've lost my mind. I always get these crazy ideas in my head... but this one I think I'm going to run with (ha ha- you're laughing, you know you are).
I'm starting out pretty slow- I'm following a couch to 5k program, because lets be honest here- I haven't really been at the pinnacle of physical fitness. But I've been keeping pretty consistent for the last week. I'm running every other day and on the in between days I'm going to either swim, do the elliptical or some type of weight training. This certainly isn't easy, or really all that fun, but I'm committed now.
In other news, Dad, MK and Lauren came for a visit last weekend.
| All of us on a double decker bus tour |
We did one of those double decker bus tours which was a lot of fun. We saw some really great sites around the city... and proceeded to melt like snow cones for much of the ride because it was hotter than hot. But, regardless we had a good time.
The bus tour took us to Ford's Theater which many of you may be familiar with from your elementary school history classes- which is where Abraham Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth.
| The front of Ford's Theater |
| The Watergate Steps and the Lincoln Memorial |
COOLEST HELMET EVER! We almost bought it... but we didn't. We may go back for it, I don't know. It looked so real.
Anyway, I guess that's all for today. I will continue to post updates on this 1/2 marathon training business. I think I'm really going crazy... Until next time, you stay classy.
Comments
Post a Comment