'Cause I've got friends in low places, where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away...and I'll be okay...I'm not big on social graces, think I'll slip on down to the oasis, oh I've got friends in low places...

Since I've lived in DC for 3 months now and acquired hardly any new friends, I decided to get back to my sweet spot and comfort zone- the beautiful, the alluring, the all enticing- Houston, TX. 

Did I mention it was hotter than Hades?!? Yes, folks that is 120 degrees. 
Not only was I going into the depths of the earth with temperatures in the one-teens, I was also leaving after experiencing my first earthquake (in freaking DC, I mean, when does that happen?!?!) and fleeing from a hurricane that was threatening to attack all of the East coast. 

I booked the flight about 2 weeks ago... and it was one of the smartest decisions I've ever made and worth every bit of the $180 roundtrip airfare (yes, folks, $180!!! Out of Reagan no less! Oh the luck!). I had an awesome time. Living in Texas the last 6 years I made some amazing friends that are like family to me and they rejuvenated my spirits and showed me that I'm completely and utterly loved (as if there was ever a doubt in my mind). 


I went to the hospital and saw my old staff- gosh I miss them! One of them started to cry and they all begged me to come back. It was really touching and made me feel all ooey gooey inside! Stacy and I had breakfast in the cafeteria like we always used to do. Joe and I had coffee- my "mocha choca loca" and his "latte, extra hot, no foam" and we talked about life. I then of course visited my ER peeps, they are such a fun group. They really helped enhance my love of the ED. Meghan and I met one of my favorite docs for lunch- we had some sushi and vino and it was perfect! We then went for pedis with the cutest preggo I've ever seen- Mrs. Katie Martin and her sissy and my former preceptee- Holly. Sadly girls, we didn't get any pics! Geez!

That night a group of us went out to eat at one of my favorite Tex-Mex spots called Cyclone Anaya's...it was great!

Lovely ladies...minus the rest of the crew sitting on the other side of the table, sorry I didn't get a pic of you guys!

Friday evening, while we were waiting for everyone to get off work Peter and I went to the new Whole Foods and had a few drinks! I loved this place, I can't remember ever going to a bar inside a grocery store. The wine was excellent. Pete and I spent a couple hours there just catching up. It was good times. 


Cute little place to sunbathe outside, however that was short lived secondary to the torturous heat. 

Saturday was kind of a lazy morning, but Saturday afternoon Hadji, Charlie and I went out for some authentic 'Hong Kong' style fare...and it was delicious! That evening I went to church with my "brothers"- the Vasquez boys. It was so nice to go back to our church, I always loved it there. Afterwards we went to dinner and Barnes and Noble where PJ found his next vision correction tool. He is getting older you know... 



Sunday FUNDAY! What more can I say- a blast in a glass. 

Sorry guys, she's engaged!!! Yay!!! So happy for her. 

This looks like trouble, and it was. 

Don Julio's

I still think we're somehow related, though there is virtually no resemblance

Rando dude trying to fight for the UFC, I knew I had to take a pic with him for Jas.

Such a good weekend! So thankful for my wonderful friends for making my trip the best it could've been. And thank you to Peej for being the host with the most and putting up with my crazy antics. 

Comments

  1. Had a blast too my love!! Life will get better soon! Maybe you should get on that "grnder" app thing, I bet you'd make some interesting friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan... I assure you Grindr people have no interest in being my friend. But good lookin' out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment