In the midnight hour she cried- more, more, more... With a rebel yell she cried more, more, more... Oh yeah little baby, she want more, more, more, more, more, more.

A little 6 week old I know is starting to smile...
Well, this little chicklit decided that she was hungry last night... After waking up for her midnight snack, she then woke up again at 4am and ate for over an hour. She cried- more, more, more!

Since Jas and I were awake... and life handed us some peaches, we decided to make cobbler. At 5am.

My mother-in-law makes some pretty wonderful items in the kitchen. And one of my favorite things that she makes is peach cobbler. I asked her for the recipe the other day, and the final product really was delicious. I thought I'd share the recipe for any of you who are not currently into counting calories.

2 C sliced peaches
3/4 C sugar
3 Tbsp Butter
1 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp milk
1/2 C milk

1 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 C boiling water


  • Butter 9" square pan
  • Spread fruit on bottom




  • Cream 3/4 C sugar and butter, then add flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt, alternating with milk
  • Spread over fruit

Note baby sleeping on monitor

  • Combine 1 C sugar, 1/4 tsp salt & cornstarch
  • Put on top of batter
  • Pour 1 C boiling water over top
  • Bake at 375 for 1 hour. 


Cobbler makes a fantastic breakfast too! Who knew?!


Comments