OMG... I have been a privy to some pretty nasty stuff, especially in my nursing career. One such memory that stands out was a little gem of a day with my friend Meghan, back in the ER. Meghan asked me to assist her with an NG tube (nasogastric tube- goes in through your nose and is threaded down to your stomach- yes it is just as horrible as it sounds) placement for one of her patients. Normally this is a one person job, but I was feeling generous that day, so I willingly agreed to assist.
So, Meghan is placing the tube and I am comforting the patient. Meghan gets the tube in place and the patient begins to cough (this is not abnormal). However, what ensues is abnormal... My dear, sweet Meghan in her meticulous placement is supposed to kink the end of the NG tube so things don't regurgitate up and out of the tube. Does she remember to do this while I'm standing there? No, of course not! And where is the end of the end of the NG tube pointing? Oh, yea- directly at me. I end up with all sorts of particulate in my hair, and even a little bit on my eyelashes. Yes, I just said my eyelashes. OMG. I still hate her for that.
I thought that this particular experience was as bad as it would ever get for me. Sadly, I was mistaken.
 |
| Bustin' right outta her clothes |
Today, my precious, sweet baby girl and I are playing after a feeding. Evie is standing on my lap and I am holding her up, talking to her. Well, she leans over ever so slightly and then begins to spit up. A lot.
Right into my mouth. OMG. I thought about puking right back on her, but I somehow refrained and pushed it down.
 |
| Open mouth... <shudder> |
I am still in shock over the whole ordeal.
 |
| Shocked face |
And truly, this little display was quite the icing on the cake. We have hit a rough patch... Apparently between 6-8 weeks of age baby's have a peak fussiness period. We are so there. And it is not fun at all. I miss my sweet baby! She is a hellion come evening time. And stays that way for HOURS. Nothing we do will console her. And she was not this way before at all. She rarely fussed, and was happy just to cuddle up with you. Not anymore. Cannot wait to get through this phase. Ugh.
 |
| Bouncy seat we purchased to help console her through this rough patch |
What I wanted more than anything was a smile or a giggle to get my through this patch, and instead I end up with copious amounts of baby spit up- in my mouth. Gross. Just got to keep holding on, I suppose.
 |
| She wants to smile! |
Somehow filling this blog with adorably cute pictures of Evie has made me feel better. I guess I can forgive her. ;)
Until next time...
 |
| Booty, booty, booty, booty rockin' everywhere... |
Comments
Post a Comment