In the midst of all the craziness... Along comes more craziness.
 |
| Easter dress |
So- Monday morning when I was getting Miss E dressed for the day, I happened to notice a pimple like area on her forearm. It didn't look bad, just something I hadn't noticed on her previously. I made a mental note of it, and went about my day- which included leaving E with the babysitter so I could run up to Baltimore and get a few things out of my grandmother's basement.
When I arrived back home in the afternoon, Evie was still napping. So, when she awoke at 2:30 in an ultra crabby state, I kept trying to figure out why. Well, I happened to notice her arm where that "pimple" like spot had been previously and began to get concerned as there was now a very large area of redness around the "pimple", it was warm to the touch and it seemed to be bothering her when I touched her arm.
After consulting with some of my medical friends, I ultimately made the decision to take her to the ER. I am definitely not one of those people to overreact- E falls down pretty often, she actually choked on a raw carrot that she took off my plate once {while I was at lunch with my friend Pam...I calmly flipped her over and did 2 small back blows and E was fine}, she gets low grade temps and has days where "she's just not acting right"... and I never have had to take her to the doctor or to the ER before... But this time, something was different. I took a picture and sent it to Evie's babysitter, who said that the area had definitely gotten bigger since she last saw her. My Spidey-senses told me this wasn't right and she didn't to be seen ASAP.

So, I take her to the ER (her Peds office had no available appointments), and the doc agrees with me. She drained the area with a needle and started her on antibiotics. All things considered Evie handled it quite well. And today- she's actually doing great! That area on her arm looks 1000x better. How she got it? The world may never know. But, thankfully she's on the mend and definitely no worse for wear.
 |
| ID bracelet |
 |
| In the room waiting to be seen by the doctor |
In other news, we thought we had moving completely figured out... We decided to hire people to move us. We did this when we moved from Texas to DC. It was expensive, but not so expensive. We decided the convenience would be worth the money. Well, little did we know the move to Ohio would be MORE EXPENSIVE than the move from Texas. Tell me how that works out?! Ridick. So, we haven't officially made a decision yet... But I never in a million years would've expected it to be more expensive. I personally would rather take a nice vacation to Bora Bora with that money... but I guess we have to move. So...

Evie's budding personality is just so fun and likeable. She's a happy little chick. She laughs a lot. She smiles. She giggles. She thinks the dogs funny. She thinks my singing is funny {who doesn't though?!}. She loves to sit back and watch what's going on around her... but once she has assessed the situation, she's a busy body. She continues to be eve.ry.where. Don't turn your back for one second because she will be heading straight for the dogs bowl in the kitchen. When I pull her hand out of the bowl she looks at me like "Ma, I just wanted to splash in the wet stuff...why you hatin'?" Oh well. I'm mean.
Evie is 10 months old! And she is just the cutest little 10 month old I ever did see.
I went to the Christina Perri {lyrics in the header are from her song 'Human', so good!}concert with some of my friends from work the other night. We had a blast. It was so nice to hang out with those ladies outside of work. And the show was fantastic. As was the tequila. Teeheehee.
 |
| Kye, Kisha, Amy & Me- LOVE these girls! |
 |
| Me and Kye |
Lastly, I've been decreasing the number of times I nurse Evie during the day. I think I care more than Evie does. I don't think she will even miss nursing at all. She just loves her Lansinoh mOmma straw-sippy cup! She guzzles that milk down and goes about her day like NBD. Lansinoh did it again! They really need me to a brand rep or something. Can't sing their praises enough. Also, incidental finding- apparently breastfed babies commonly do better with straw cups than traditional sippies. I had no idea until I started researching this a bit. So, now ya'll know too.
 |
| Sippy cup |
I suppose that's all for now. Until next time...
Comments
Post a Comment