No sleep til Brooklyn...
This past weekend was just what the doctor ordered- a final big weekend out in DC with some of our wonderful friends from Texas! Meghan is one of my best friends, we have been friends since my good ol' days in the ER... anyone remember THIS story? Thankfully there were no NG tubes around for her to spray me with...
We had such a lovely visit with Meghan and Rusty! The boys bonded, and we spent time catching up. We also went to a restaurant I've been dying to try, enjoyed some delicious adult beverages and accompanying conversation.
The worst part of the weekend, however, was night time with the baby. She did not like Jas and I being in her space one bit. And she made that abundantly clear with a raucous 2am wakeup call. Screams. Tears. Inconsolable. And she wouldn't go back to sleep. It.was.awful.
By 4am I had entered desperation mode and wandered up to the CVS around the corner in my pajamas to get some baby Benadryl. I literally didn't know what else to do. She had to sleep.
I tell Jas to sleep downstairs in the chair and I will continue to work to try to get the baby asleep upstairs. NOTHING IS WORKING. Nothing! She is doing fancy dancing, crawling all over. Clearly this is a 'No sleep til Brooklyn' situation...
So as a last ditch effort, I climb into her crib with her (yes apparently it can hold my weight- good to know) and rub her belly until finally she drifts back off to sleep. I try to get comfortable, but my 5'6" body is struggling with the teeny size of the crib... and I can't sleep so I attempt to get out of the crib. Every time I start to get out, she wakes back up. COME ON! You've got to be kidding me. Finally, just before 5am she's asleep enough that I can get out of there without waking her.
I climb into my bed, and go to sleep... Up at 630am. Can't win for losing.
Since moving back to our room, this has never happened again. So weird.
I think she's too smart for her own good.
Dammit! Why couldn't I have the kid that just tries to eat the dogs food and drink from the dogs bowl? Oh wait...
That's all for today. Until next time...
We had such a lovely visit with Meghan and Rusty! The boys bonded, and we spent time catching up. We also went to a restaurant I've been dying to try, enjoyed some delicious adult beverages and accompanying conversation.
By 4am I had entered desperation mode and wandered up to the CVS around the corner in my pajamas to get some baby Benadryl. I literally didn't know what else to do. She had to sleep.
I tell Jas to sleep downstairs in the chair and I will continue to work to try to get the baby asleep upstairs. NOTHING IS WORKING. Nothing! She is doing fancy dancing, crawling all over. Clearly this is a 'No sleep til Brooklyn' situation...
![]() |
I climb into my bed, and go to sleep... Up at 630am. Can't win for losing.
Since moving back to our room, this has never happened again. So weird.
I think she's too smart for her own good.
Dammit! Why couldn't I have the kid that just tries to eat the dogs food and drink from the dogs bowl? Oh wait...
That's all for today. Until next time...










Comments
Post a Comment