 |
| Evie after seeing Jas for the first time in a week |
So, the craziness has begun to dwindle... and we are settling into some semblance of
normalcy... as "normal" as things can be when you're 31, and living in your parents house with your husband, child and dog. Lucky for us, they have been gracious hosts, and have welcomed our plethora of baby toys, sippy cups and dog food with open arms.
 |
| Evie pulling her toys out of a cardboard box... still not quite normal |
This past week Jas was in DC, so Evie, Chloe and I decided to venture down to see Auntie Andi and Uncle Blair who just moved into their new house in Springboro! Such a lovely house, I like it even more than their old one.
B + A's dogs just loved Evie. Lot's of licking... and Atticus kept trying to inch closer and closer to her. It was really sweet.
Blair and Andi are fantastic Godparents to Evie. There is never a shortage of cuddles and play time when those 2 are around.
We had a really great visit.
In other news- I just accepted a job yesterday! Yay!!! I'm going back to the Emergency Department! I'm really excited!! It will be a part time position, 7p-3a, 3 days a week. I'm excited to try the new schedule, and I'm truly relieved to be employed. I was a bit nervous to be moving without a job lined up. So cheers to that!
 |
| Cheers! |
Evie is almost fully weaned- she is just nursing once in the mornings. Otherwise she's been drinking goats milk with just a pinch of Strawberry Quik the other times during the day. Next week I'm hoping to start to add in cow's milk to the goat milk and a little less Strawberry Quik, and then in a few weeks have her fully on plain Whole Milk. I couldn't get her to drink the milk plain, but found that just a little of the Quik would sweeten it enough that she would drink it. So yay for that!
 |
| She loves to get into cabinets while I'm trying to go to the bathroom |
We have been in the thick of looking for houses. Unfortunately, it seems like any time we find a house we'd like to see, it ends up being in contract. Property is moving really quickly around here apparently! We are definitely looking forward to getting into our own space again. And we haven't owned our own home since we lived in Texas, so it will be nice to go back to the land of home ownership!
Yesterday I indulged, and took advantage of my Mother's Day gift from Jas and Evie- a day at the spa!! It was so wonderful! I savored every second!
I suppose that's the latest for now. Not quite as crazy as my 2 previous posts, but we have definitely been busy!
Until next time...
You have a great family and especially a very beautiful daughter!
ReplyDelete