I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend...

So... it's starting to sink in... 2 UNDER 2. OMG. What was I thinking?

Evie is at this totally horrifying amazing (trying to use positive words here, bear with me) stage of legit having no fear. Today we were up in her room, and she decided to climb onto the second shelf of her changing table (this is a great time to point out that we have had to remove everything from the shelves of her changing table because she insisted on pulling off every single item, every single day... Gosh, toddlers are awesome)... As I was watching her climb up there for the second time (she had just done it a moment before, and gingerly climbed back down), I thought to myself "Ok, Steph... don't freak out... she's just learning about her envi... Sweet geezus she just dove off the second shelf!" Legit. Dove. Please see exhibit A below.

Now before I get all kinds of flack for not freaking out in this video I want to mention that any time she falls down, or bumps something we try not to make a big deal out of it, because when we do, she freaks out just because we are freaking out... I just calmly check her out and make sure she's alright. If she isn't alright, she usually begins crying right away and needs to be held, whatever. So after she dives off the shelf, I walk over to her (briskly) not quite sure of what I'm going to find- I mean, surely she has lost some teeth or smashed her face on that kamikaze jump... and sure enough she's smiling and laughing and wants to climb up there again. Um no. Mama can only handle one heart attack a day thannnnkkkk you very much!

Cray. Toddlers are nuts.
Crazy I tell ya[-=--   .     m,..//l (this is evidence of the toddler typing on the computer... seriously, she did that when I put the computer down for 2 seconds)
Playing in her new carseat... in the living room. She made herself a nice little cozy nook there. Book and all. 
All that being said... I continue to ponder how I will manage a newborn while trying to keep Evie safe from her inherent Evil Knievel ways. Things could get interesting...

When you're pregnant no one ever talks about toddlerhood. All they talk about is the tiny baby and how little sleep you will get and breastfeeding/bottle feeding blah blah blah... Truth time- handling a newborn baby is a freaking beach vacation compared to toddlers... Mmmk? And if anyone wants to debate this with me I'd be happy to go toe to toe. You will lose.

Our one victory this week though, is she totally rocked Santa Claus. Jas and I were prepared for a nuclear meltdown for their first meeting... and E couldn't have cared less. She sized him up, and then decided to smile pretty for the camera. Piece of cake. Even Santa was shocked. I'm thinking this was a fluke, and our punishment will be a toddler requiring therapy after seeing Santa again next year. At least we have a 12-month reprieve.
What up?

We saw the Zoo lights at the Columbus Zoo. Jas and I haven't been in almost 10 years- it's a much nicer production than it was back then! Amazing actually. If you haven't been, y'all should check it out. Very pretty.





"Ernie Keller" (aka G2, aka the new baby- we aren't really naming him Ernie Keller if anyone is concerned) is a giant beast. I swear his feet are the size of skis, as they continually jab me in the ribs on the daily. And this dude continues to move all day, errrryyyday. Never stops I don't think. Punches me in the bladder, moves his booty from one side of my abdomen to the other. One day I swear he's just going to burst through my belly 'Alien' style.

We took E to cut down her first Christmas tree last week at Dale Tree Farm. She was a trooper. Rough life she has, I swear... I don't know why I couldn't get pulled in the sled.








I suppose that's all for now.

Until next time...






Comments