He's been gone for such a long time...hey-la, day-la my boyfriend's back....now he's back and things'll be fine... hey-la, day-la my boyfriend's back

Jason is back!!! After almost 4 long weeks he has returned!!! Yay! It was a little weird having someone else in my bed- Chloe and I had pretty much learned how to occupy 95% of the bed on our own- but the additional presence was welcomed. The picture below, however, is the condition he was returned to me in- can you say unibomber?!?

Sketchy
Extra sketchy

















He has since shaved it off... he started growing it when he left here and as soon as he got here he shaved it all off. Much better.

Jason and Dad stretched their trek across 3 days- they left Houston late on Wed. and drove to Baton Rouge, the next day they took a detour through New Orleans (so jealous- I never got there the whole time we lived in Houston), then they did the drive up through Mississippi and Alabama, onto Georgia and then they stopped in Knoxville. They went to some BBQ place for dinner that came highly recommended and were extremely disappointed. Can't top good ol' Salt Lick in Austin, I guess.

Friday they made the drive from Knoxville, through Virginia and on to DC. Apparently it rained a lot, so they didn't get here until almost 6. But, they made it! Jason came with a barrage of items we had left behind in Houston (I swear the place was damn near empty when we left- but clearly it wasn't), and I'm not quite sure where they're all going to fit. Including, but not limited to Jason's clothing. Having the last month to myself I've settled into having nearly all of the drawer space for myself. Whoops... no longer a bachelorette, I need to remind myself I have to share.

Yesterday Dad and I went to the Maine Avenue Fish Market and picked out some blue crabs and had them steamed fresh for us. The fish market was really cool, definitely one of my neatest experiences since being in DC. All of the vendors are on floating type barges... I've never really seen anything like it before.  Aunt Debbie and Uncle Moe came over and had crabs with us after dropping my cousin Shaun off in Quantico for Officer Candidate School for the Marines. Later my cousin Kristen and her husband Mike and their baby Brady came over for a visit- so we ventured over to, you guessed it Georgetown Cupcake. The wait was longer than I've ever seen it before, so we settled for some homemade ice cream a few blocks over.

Dad left to head back to Ohio this morning and Jason and I are gearing up to go shopping downtown. We need some workout clothes for our new gym membership and some other miscellaneous items. It will be nice to settle into a new routine together, and I really do feel more complete having him here. Life is good! So glad my boyfriend is back!!!

Comments