Hot town, summer in the city...back of my neck getting dirty and gritty...been down, isn't it a pity, doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city. All around, people looking half dead, walking on the sidewalk hotter than a match head...

It is HOT, HOT, HOT here... DC has been way hotter than Houston, which is unreal. With the heat index we've been up around the 115 mark, and DC is so humid. Ewwww! I'm ready for the fall... it will not get here fast enough. The people in the city are even going crazy because of the heat...take a look at this guy:

Yikes!
Work has been going well... but it's hot there too! That was the best thing about Houston- everywhere had turbo air conditioners so you never really had to deal with the heat... not so here. Every building is super old, not well insulated and I have my suspicions that the air conditioners are run by hamsters running in a wheel. 

Jason and I are enjoying settling into normalcy again. He started work this past week and he seems to really be enjoying it. We've been meeting for lunch and walking either to or home from work together almost everyday. I've tried to talk him into skipping down the street with me hand in hand... but I think he is resistant because it's so hot- I'll try again in a few months. 

This past weekend we went to visit Pop Pop on Fenwick Island, DE- it's just a mile or so from Ocean City, MD. It was really nice to spend the weekend with him... Jason and I had a great, relaxing time. And Chloe made a friend. 

Pop Pop and his great-granddog- Chloe
Yesterday afternoon my Uncle Bill stopped by Pop Pop's and we went out for crabs. We hadn't seen Uncle Bill since we moved to DC, so it was nice to see him and catch up.

Today we went to church with Pop Pop, a great little waterside Methodist church with a really charismatic pastor and a great, welcoming congregation. They gave us a loaf of homemade bread as a welcome gift since we were first time guests. After church we went to breakfast and Jason and I stopped at the beach. 

Doesn't he look happy?! Actually, the sand was quite hot. 
We drove back to the District this afternoon and made great time. Just a little over 3 hours... not bad for the beach! In Houston we had the disgusting alluring Galveston Island about an hour from our house... but you couldn't pay me to step foot in that water. At least not without some safety equipment up to and including a hazmat suit. 

So that is my latest update, sorry it's been so long! I've been a busy lady. Love to all.

Comments