So far away from where you are, these miles have torn us worlds apart...and I miss you, yeah I miss you...So far away from where you are, I'm standing underneath the stars and I wish you were here



<3



So we now have come upon almost 3 weeks of Jason being gone... and I'm telling you right now, it's brutal. We've been together for 12 years...and the longest we've been apart during that whole time was 2.5 weeks when I went to Germany with Alex a few years ago. 2.5 weeks was brutal, but 3 is ridiculous. 

So, little story for you- since Jas went back to Houston we've been keeping in pretty constant communication- texts, emails, phone calls all throughout the day. We usually cap off the day with a "good night, sleep tight" phone call around 9 or so... We haven't really deviated from this AT ALL in 3 weeks. 

So yesterday, we talked around 4, Jason said he had a few things to finish up in the lab and then he was going to head home. A few hours go by, I do my single, bacheloretting it up thing (which usually consists of taking the dog for a walk, making myself a meager meal of sliced fruit and yogurt, a little DVR action with Chloe on the couch and that's about it- you're jealous, I know you are-living the high life right here). Anyway, so I was engrossed in all of that excitement and had sent Jas a few random texts to which he never responded. Which is really kind of odd. Hours have now passed. I had been in near hourly constant communication and not a word from him in over 4 hours. Odd. Extremely odd. 

So, before I worked myself up into complete and utter panic I asked a friend to go to our apartment (he was close by) and check and see if Jas was there working on packing up and just didn't hear the phone ring)- nope, no sign of Jas... then I called Stacy to see if she was with him or knew where he was...nope, no sign of Jason... it's now 9pm, and I haven't heard from Jason is almost 5 hours. 

Now I'm panicking. He's not answering his cell phone...texts or emails... he's by himself... is he alive?!? Did he slip and hit his head?! I decided to call his lab and see if he answered... nope, no answer. Now I'm in full blown panic. I call back Stacy and we decide that I will call security to go up to his lab and check to see if he's there... meanwhile, Stacy was going to go to the parking garage and check and see if his car was there. 

A few minutes later I get a phone call from Jason...he's alive and fine... and worried about me?!?! What?! Why worried about me?! Well, come to find out, the security guard goes into his lab and says "are you Jason Garee?" To which he of course responds "Yes, what's this about?" and the guard said "You need to call security right now...something about your wife." So, Jason begins to panic...so he calls security and the lady says "You need to call your wife." So Jason is automatically assuming something horrible has happened to someone that we know... Nope, nope...I'm fine, just paranoid apparently. 

Dramatic. OMG. Maybe it's because we've been apart for nearly a month now that I'm jumping to all kinds of crazy conclusions or maybe I've just seriously lost my mind?! Either way, that whole scenario- not fun when you're 1500 miles away. 

And the cell phone you may ask...well as soon as we hung up Jason got all of my texts, voice mails and emails... they hadn't come through until that time. Unreal. 

So, that wasn't the best way to cap off a Thursday night...my life is so boring, I guess I needed some excitement?! Ahhh well. All is well, and Jas is perfectly healthy...but I miss him! Can't wait til next Friday. 

I also can't wait for tonight! Andi is on a plane as I type this... en route to DC! Woohoo!!!! Looking forward to a fun, relaxing weekend! She's never been to DC, so not 100% sure what we're going to get into, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. 

Loves! 

We always have fun...even sitting in a car making funny faces


Guess that's all for now...I'm sure I'll have another update after the weekend is over. 

Comments