Nothing seems to be the way that it used to... everything seems shallow, God give me truth. In me, and tell me somebody is watching over me and that is all I'm praying is that someday, I will understand in God's whole plan and what he's done to me. Oh but maybe, someday I will breathe and I'll finally see... I'll see it all in my baby.
No moment
Will be more true
Than the moment,
I look at you.
Curiosity... Curiosity... Curiosity!
| Chicken Legs! |
What oh what, is this baby that I am carrying around?! I seem to waffle every other day... is it a boy? Is it a girl? Ahhh! The curiosity has almost gotten the better of me... but not yet.
There is one person that knows what I'm having... one person! She is my new, fabulous friend Yesmean, and she is one of the residents that I am working with on L&D. She had been begging me to be able to do my sono to find out what I'm having... after swearing her to secrecy and promising to wage war if she slipped up and accidentally told me what it was, I agreed. Oh, and I also told her that she'd have to buy me a gender appropriate outfit to send my kid home in... she agreed to comply... The sono was done... and she knows what it is.
| Sworn to secrecy....Pinky Swear |
| That's the pinky |
She tries to torture me on the daily with this bit of knowledge... and it works a little bit, but not enough to cave and find out. I can wait. I'm not a patient person, but I can do this.
But it does leave me with the constant curiosity... and all it would take is a text message to find out...
But NO! I'm still waiting... Ok I need to move on to another topic...
So, Jas and I had a wonderful babymoon- see last blog post if you're interested on the play-by-play of our NYC trip, plus updated bump pics. Life is good! Just plugging right along.
So, without further adieu- here is my 22 week update...
So, Jas and I had a wonderful babymoon- see last blog post if you're interested on the play-by-play of our NYC trip, plus updated bump pics. Life is good! Just plugging right along.
So, without further adieu- here is my 22 week update...
- Maternity Clothes: I'd like to have more! I have a few key go-to pieces, but not really a wardrobe. I am considering being eternally pregnant so that I can just continue to wear maternity clothes because they're so darn comfortable.
- Weight Gain: So, I had lost 5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but after our indulgent NYC trip (and the fact that this baby is getting to weigh nearly a pound), I am now just 2.5 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. BUT- I will take it! And this ladies and gentlemen was my shopping cart from this week... the thought of eating ho-ho's and oatmeal cream pies is nauseating. So, the one time in my life that it's
perfectlyalmost acceptable for me to let my inner chunky monkey eat until her heart is content... and I make a beeline for the fruit/veggie/lean meat aisles. What the heck is wrong with me?! This is my shopping cart... the most indulgent thing in here is whole grain goldfish. O.M.freaking.G. Oh, and I cannot stop drinking fresh brewed iced tea. That stuff is like crack. Never thought you'd hear that, did ya?!
- Movement: Baby moves a whole lot. It's fun, and funny. Jas was able to feel it from the outside just a little bit the other night.
- Sleep: Sleeping like a baby... until I wake up 5 times at night to pee. Weeeee!
- Things I miss: Sleeping on my belly. This is not possible anymore. I sleep with the body pillow every night, and I bought a little wedge pillow too, that I will put under a hip if I want to sleep on my back, or slid under my belly if I don't use the whole body pillow. Working well so far.
- Energy: Plenty of energy! After a long day at work, I'm pretty tired, but otherwise I'm doing great.
- Symptoms: Nothing that I haven't already mentioned before, I suppose.
- News: Jury Duty on Monday... boo! Repeat Anatomy Scan and Doctors appt on Tuesday... Yay!
I suppose that is about all that's exciting for this week. Only 18 more weeks to go! Craziness!!!

Well this makes me INSANELY jeal! :) That somebody on Earth knows.. lol. Actually, I'm excited to be chillen in the waiting room in anticipation with the rest of 'um.
ReplyDelete