"I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles, and the heavens open every time she smiles- and when I come to her that's where I belong, yet I'm running to her like a rivers song..." Crazy Love, Van Morrison


At this point Lil G can now hear my heart beat, and my voice... and music. I'm teaching G about all of the best music- including my boy Van Morrison. I thought this song was so appropriate because of the line "I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles..." PERFECT! I hope G loves music as much as I do.

Moving on...

23 weeks down, 17 to go (actually, today is technically 23 weeks and 1 day- therefore 16 weeks and 6 days to go!!!)! Crazy. Wow. It's nuts to just be writing those words. I feel like that is no time at all. 

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit."

This week I had Jury Duty on Monday, it was quite the experience. It's amazing to me how many adults behave badly... and I'm not even talking about those on trial- the jurors that were present that day were causing quite the ruckus! First of all, in the Jurors Lounge (sounds fancy, but it totally wasn't) they had TV's on, and people were angry at how loud they were- then, a few people were angry that Fox News was the channel that was on the TV. 2 of them actually made a scene, got up and walked out saying "I don't have to watch this crap." Wow. Wow. Wow.

Then people weren't responding when their names were called because the woman calling their names mispronounced them so badly. Then she got all upset, and people were laughing. Other people were typing on their laptops during "important announcements" I thought the little jury lady was going to blow a gasket. But alas, after 7 hours out of my day I was not picked for a trial and I was released for the day. I made $4, and my cab fare was $30. Merica.

Tuesday, Jas and I had a follow up Anatomy Scan- the baby cooperated somewhat better this go around, however, they need to get 6 views of the heart and they were only able to get 2...so guess what- yep, you guessed it (maybe?!) we're coming back for another scan in 2 weeks. Hey, I'm not complaining. The views of the heart they did get though looked great. Lil G continues to bake away! Baby was measuring right on schedule, and weighed in at 1 lb 2 oz. And we got a few profile picture this time around. Much cuter than the head-on "Skeletor" look.



The great "Snowquestor" of 2013 happened on Wednesday... and it was a complete and utter bust. There was about an hour of solid snowfall... and I looked out the window and said to myself- if this keeps up this is going to be big! No, no it didn't keep up at all... it turned to rain and all of DC was shut down on account of rain. It was comical... but I did want some snow- we never get snow here.

Thursday I took my Pop Pop out to lunch- he lives in Baltimore now. It was funny, after I got to his place to pick him up he said "You've lost weight, Steph." I started laughing because I have this huge belly, and I had no idea what he could possibly mean- and then he said "Your butt's gotten smaller." I told him- "I know Pop Pop! Pregnancy has been the best diet ever, who would've thought?!" Anyway, my Aunt Debbie also went with us. It was nice to see them, I hadn't seen them since early December. After lunch, I stopped by my Gammy's house and surprised her. So nice to see everyone again! It's been far too long.

Now onto changes this week...

·       Weight Gain:  Still down about a pound and a half from pre-pregnancy weight. Continuing to try to make healthy choices. My biggest vices at this point are ice cold Coca-Cola's out of a fountain! Soooo good! Even just mentioning it my mouth is watering. 

Food wise though, I'll reach for a plate of veggies and lean meat over something fried ANY day of the week. And still really enjoying citrus and tart things. EXCEPT for this week I suddenly got a hankering for Double Stuf Oreo's that would not subside... so I trudged up to the store for these babies:



·       Movement: I am introducing Lil G to my love of music. This morning we are listening to some random tracks and G tries to keep up the beat. Maybe I've got the next Rhianna or Justin Bieber in there... Only time will tell! 

·       Sleep:  I've gotten back into this cycle of waking up early again, and I'm not sure why. I feel rested when I wake up, but it's just much earlier than it needs to be. Sleep is actually getting better- I only wake up about 2 times at night to pee now, which is a nice change. 

·       Things I miss:  My sexy body (said in the "Fat Bastard" way- from Austin Powers)- Sike! That was a complete and utter joke. Um... This week I guess I'm not missing much. Although, there is a little bar around the corner that serves a hot, spiked apple cider complete with cinnamon stick... and I am missing not being able to consume that- especially with our snowfall. I need a hot, spiked treat.  

·       Energy: Feeling good! Plenty of energy to get through the day, and maybe even a little extra. 

·       Symptoms:  Last night for the first time ever, I noticed my hands and feet were a bit swollen. That had no happened yet, and I wasn't really a big fan of that. This morning it appears that has subsided a bit. 

·       News:  Next week I am headed to Berlin, Germany for my Patensohn (Godson) Yannick's, taufe (baptism). I am so excited to see my dear friends (see "Family of Choice" post- these friends are like family) Alex & Martin and finally meet my sΓΌsse Patenkind (sweet Godchild). Jason wanted to be able to go with me, however he is trying to save all of his time off for when Lil G comes. I was elated when Alex & Martin asked me to be the Patentante (Godmother), and I am really excited and honored to participate in this traditional German ceremony for this guy... 


Yannick!
I will teach him about proper nutrition- chewing on your wooden crib is not a good source of protein my friend. :)

That's all for now! My next update will be from Germany (if I have time), or after I return. Until then... 



Comments