I'm sure many of you have them, but you probably don't have many of them... Friends that are like family or "La familia que eligimos"- your "family of choice". I can count these uniquely special people on my one hand. I would do anything in this world for them, just as I would do for my own flesh and blood family members. They are more than your best friends, they are your family of choice.
Jas and I are so incredibly blessed to have the man pictured below as a brother. We look nothing alike, and we grew up in completely different parts of the world but we will be family for life.
Pablo, PJ, Pabs or Peej (as I refer to him as), has been a bright light in our lives for the last several years. We have shared laughter, tears, good times and bad- we even fight like real siblings (my brother Jim knows exactly what I mean)... and now, we are on the brink of making him an Uncle. I think Peej has been almost as excited as we are about the arrival of Lil G.
Photo Montage- I'm playing my internal music soundtrack as I flip through these pics:
 |
| Our birthdays are a day apart... and we had a joint birthday party in 2010 |
 |
| Jas hates this picture, I love it. We were the only ones left standing on our birthday party night... |
 |
| Peej and I ice skating... we're actually quite good. Fire and Ice. |
 |
| Dorks. |
 |
| Random dinner. |
 |
| Skiing/Snowboarding in Albuquerque, NM. I look like I can't do it- but I really can! I was just trying to stay still for the picture and it was really icy with my board on. I swear. |
 |
| Peej and Jas before the Marine Corps Marathon |
 |
| So proud of my brother in the Navy! |
 |
| Asheville, NC |
 |
| Random. |
 |
| Such a great night! <3 |
So, why have I decided to highlight Peej in this blog post, you may be asking yourselves... Well, a few weeks ago, Peej and I were talking on a random day and he asked what Jas and I had been up to during the day, and I said that we had been looking at cribs and changers for Lil G, and we finally found one we both liked. He said, "Oh! Great. Send me the link, I want to see what you picked out." Well, next thing I know, he has purchased both the crib and the changer for us! It was completely unexpected, but very much appreciated.
I present to you the Pablo J. Vasquez Sleeping and Changing Stations (plaque and dedication ceremony are forthcoming).
 |
| Construction |
 |
| Hard at work... |
 |
| Finished product! |
 |
| I absolutely love it!!! |
 |
| Changer |
 |
| Missing something? Why yes it is... |
The changer actually arrived minus a few pieces and parts... so we are waiting on those parts to arrive. There are a few shelves that go on the bottom, and of course the space for the baby at the top. It's a good thing we got the crib and changer so early! Now we will have plenty of time to get all the necessary parts, and add the linens before Lil G makes his/her debut!
Peej's kindness and generosity was so above and beyond I felt it warranted it's own blog post. The funny thing is, he will often forgo gifts on such occasions as mine or Jason's birthday... but at least he remembered our kid. Ha! We love you, Pabs!
LOVE IT! How perfect.. it's like they weren't meant for the room :) How sweet of Peej-us! Cant wait to see it in person ... yay... I get to see you in a month. xo!
ReplyDelete