 |
| My mirror... staring back at me. |
I just adore this picture of Jas and I. We were at our dear friends Adam and Jordan's wedding, and Jas and I had been dancing and he said "I can't help but feel like something has come between us..." as he looks down at my ever expanding belly and struggles to wrap his arms around me to dance. It was a sweet moment, and one I won't soon forget.
We went to our first DC wedding this past weekend. It was really beautiful... and I have to admit, it was the first wedding I've been to that I actually took a cab! We normally drive everywhere, but anyone that knows DC, knows that parking is a premium around here. I feel so much like a real city brat girl now... actually, I knew I was a city girl when I said that Virginia (which is literally 1/2 mile away- just across the river)- was too far away and like driving in another country. I digress...
I used to work with Jordan, and boy do I miss seeing that girl every day. She was my partner in crime and made work so much more enjoyable and entertaining. Jason and I were so humbled to be asked to accompany the THEN dating couple {on what would later turn out to be proposal day for Adam} on a winery tour in Northern Virginia (oh, and if you know Jordan and I, generally if alcohol is involved we usually aren't far behind) last June. Adam ended up proposing at
Bluemont, a beautiful winery/vineyard that over looks the rolling hills of Virginia, and Jordan was more than a little surprised.
 |
| Engagement bliss |
 |
| Still in shock |
Their wedding day was exactly what I would've expected. Jordy is a little planner {she really is little...like I could fit her in my pocket- her precious Mama too), and she has been working on the details of her future wedding for years (love it!). She is from South Carolina and he is from upstate New York, so there was a beautiful blend of North and South in all of the details. I couldn't have pictured a wedding that is more THEM.
 |
| Dudes |
 |
| Jordy and her Daddy |
 |
| Adam kept stealing glances over at Jordan, it was such an adorable and sweet moment... the way he looked at her was just so touching. |
The reception was a blast with quite possibly one of the best and most entertaining DJ's I've ever seen... here are a few pics:
 |
| Me and Jas... and that weird thing growing on his face. |
 |
DRAMA! So, I love this pic for several reasons... The largest reason being I think it is damn classy. The second being, I love the chick in the background who is giving me the stare down... she is representative of many others who were giving me the stare down. Adam & Jordan had these awesome koozies made as favors for the wedding, and I got myself a nice little bottle of root beer and went to town throwing 'em back. Everywhere I went people were looking over their shoulders and giving me worried looks. No ya'll, I'm not getting sauced at 8 months pregnant, but thanks for staring your curiosity. |
 |
| So, I sent this pic to another fellow Bridesmaid movie lover... the quote "You can twirl. It has pockets. You can spread your legs in it..." Hilarious. If you don't love that movie, I'm not sure we can be friends. This dress actually was upcycled from my dear friend Katie's wedding. I was happy to put that beautiful dress to use again. |
 |
| Me and Jordy. Gosh, she's beautiful! |
I have never seen Jordan look more beautiful than she did on that day. Congratulations Adam & Jordan! Cheers to many, many years of happily wedded bliss!
Comments
Post a Comment