With so much drama in the LBC, it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G {mama to Lil G}. But I, somehow, some way, keep comin up with funky ass sh*t like every single day...
What a wild week this has been... So, Friday marks the 34 week point. Lil G's lungs should be fully developed by then. I feel a bit more than fully developed... really not sure where this kid is supposed to squeeze into at this point.
This past week has been full of all sorts of interesting things... Interesting is a good way to put it, it does sound kind of negative though, so I will put a more positive spin on it and call itdrama"excitement". My drama "excitement" over the last week has consisted of the following... Brace yourselves, it's a bumpy ride...
So, I turn around and head back to the store and tell the pharmacy technician that what she has given me is not plain Sudafed, but in fact pseudoephedrine plus Naproxen. I explain to her that I am nearly 9 months pregnant and I cannot take Naproxen or any NSAID for that matter. And she tells me to go see what i can find in the cold/flu aisle to take care of my ailment. I explain to her again that I am able to take pseudoephedrine, which she should have behind the counter and I do not need something else from the cold/flu aisle. She tells me that it does not exist. I start to laugh and tell her that that is not possible. She doesn't like my laughter, but I don't really care... If Jas would've just gone to the store and bought this for me, come home, popped out a pill- I would've taken it and been none the wiser.
After clearly finding that she does not understand what I'm saying (a pharm tech is only required to have a high school diploma-FYI) she then refers me to the pharmacist. I explain the situation and behold- he emerges from behind the counter with plain ol' pseudoephedrine. It sickens me that we are keeping drugs like this behind the counter to help regulate and control their release- yet it appears the only reason we are doing so is just to get a signature. There is little regard for the why or the what- it's just the scanning of an ID and a signature. Insanity.
The moral of the story, friends, be an informed consumer! Look at what you're purchasing. Just because the box says "Sudafed" big at the top, make sure you read all of the ingredients! The people that we trust to be giving us the correct thing may not always be so informed themselves. CVS got a nice email from me this morning talking all about how unsafe this was. Take a look below and see the difference... Now I will get off my soap box.
So with all of that excitement, I am completely exhausted. I feel like I could sleep for a year!
On a more fun note, Jas put together our carseat/stroller combo and installed the carseat base in the car! Super cute. Looking forward to taking this thing for a spin! Just a few more weeks... Next on the agenda- packing our bags for the hospital! Yikes! Can't believe we're getting that close now!
This past week has been full of all sorts of interesting things... Interesting is a good way to put it, it does sound kind of negative though, so I will put a more positive spin on it and call it
- Driving up to Southern Maryland to go to Babies R' Us for a few essentials (and I just want to say how INSANE it is to me that the closest one is literally 45 minutes away!!!)... swinging by the local McDonald's for lunch and being referred to as a "Sir" upon handing the man my money at the drive thru. I didn't think I was looking particularly man-ish that day, but apparently, the McDonald's guy disagreed. Mental note- keep beard and mustache neatly trimmed.
- I have been sick this week! Being sick sucks! Like a lot. So, what I have become afflicted with is what appears to be the common cold. Low grade fever, aches, congestion, stuffy nose... Oh, and being 33+ weeks pregnant this means lots of urinary incontinence... Every time I cough I'm clenching my urethra to keep from peeing all over the place {Clearly I don't really sugarcoat... I call it like I see it, folks}. Sometime it's a success... other times, an epic fail. It just keeps getting better...
- So, this should serve as a word to the wise... and I hate to say this, but this is so serious- question everything. So long story short, when I started getting sick I called my OB to see what they suggested I take for my ailments. I went to CVS to pick up some Sudafed per their recommendation... of course, thanks to our Breaking Bad (read: Meth-making) friends they now have to keep all products containing pseudeoephedrine back behind the pharmacy counter (I feel like a "Thanks a lot Bin Laden" would totally fit here, but sadly it's just our own stupid people...I digress). Anyway, so I ask the pharmacy technician for Sudafed, and she asks whether I would like generic or name brand. Feeling extra classy, I said "name brand." She rings us up, and we head on our way.
So, I turn around and head back to the store and tell the pharmacy technician that what she has given me is not plain Sudafed, but in fact pseudoephedrine plus Naproxen. I explain to her that I am nearly 9 months pregnant and I cannot take Naproxen or any NSAID for that matter. And she tells me to go see what i can find in the cold/flu aisle to take care of my ailment. I explain to her again that I am able to take pseudoephedrine, which she should have behind the counter and I do not need something else from the cold/flu aisle. She tells me that it does not exist. I start to laugh and tell her that that is not possible. She doesn't like my laughter, but I don't really care... If Jas would've just gone to the store and bought this for me, come home, popped out a pill- I would've taken it and been none the wiser.
After clearly finding that she does not understand what I'm saying (a pharm tech is only required to have a high school diploma-FYI) she then refers me to the pharmacist. I explain the situation and behold- he emerges from behind the counter with plain ol' pseudoephedrine. It sickens me that we are keeping drugs like this behind the counter to help regulate and control their release- yet it appears the only reason we are doing so is just to get a signature. There is little regard for the why or the what- it's just the scanning of an ID and a signature. Insanity.
The moral of the story, friends, be an informed consumer! Look at what you're purchasing. Just because the box says "Sudafed" big at the top, make sure you read all of the ingredients! The people that we trust to be giving us the correct thing may not always be so informed themselves. CVS got a nice email from me this morning talking all about how unsafe this was. Take a look below and see the difference... Now I will get off my soap box.
![]() |
- Monday I had a routine OB appt, I was still sick, but hanging in there. The doctor checks the fetal heart tones with her doppler and the baby's heart rate was SUPER high! Normal is 120-160, and it was up in the 190's. So, she sent me over to Labor and Delivery for monitoring. After about an hour, it was determined that Lil G's baseline heart rate was about 140, however the baby was having lot's of accel's (increases in heart rate associated with excitement- actually a positive sign of fetal well-being), and some of the accel's were lasting a long time (like 2 minutes) and going up into the 190's. The baby was definitely more active, and I would attribute that to the Sudafed and the large amount of orange sherbet I've been consuming while ill. The doctor wasn't concerned about it, and I was sent on my merry way. Since that little venture though, I have decided to cool it on the Sudafed... Lil G continues to remain active, but not quite as much as Monday.
I think this hashtag sums up the week: #winningateverything.
On a more fun note, Jas put together our carseat/stroller combo and installed the carseat base in the car! Super cute. Looking forward to taking this thing for a spin! Just a few more weeks... Next on the agenda- packing our bags for the hospital! Yikes! Can't believe we're getting that close now!




Comments
Post a Comment