Concerning the differences between man and jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. ~ Mark Twain
Today's ramablings will into a few different sections to aid in your reading pleasure.
Baby Time:
Well, I guess I will just jump right in. Baby poop....seriously? I mean I feel like Cris Carter "c'mon man!" Honestly, I never really have any problems changing diapers, dealing with poop etc. The main issue is I always get distracted. Distracted by what you say? Good question. Here is the answer....the volume. Seriously, how could anything so little poop so much. I mean adjusting for the kid to adult weight ratio I should be pooping like 45lbs a day. Seriously, kid is out of control. Plus, we just introduced her to corn. Let me tell you, that was a fun diaper change.
![]() |
| More Corn! |
I make specific mention of this current event for three reasons; A: it is a current event, B: it involves a member of the decidely criminal class known as the Baltimore Ravens and C: it will serve as a public service announcement. I want everyone to personally know if you see Ray Rice dragging me around a hotel by my ankle while I am stanky leg unconcious he is not trying to "assist" me nor is he "looking for help". He knocked my a** out cold. Please call the appropriate authorities. (As an aside, please don't allow him to call his other friend Ray. I don't want to end up shanked in a dumpster). This is the quite possibly the worst criminal act by a member of the Ravens organization since Ozzie Newsome paid his quarterback 120 million to miss the playoffs.
Parenting:
This is actually going to have two parts. The one that I am not going to write (probably the better one) and the one that I am going to write. I will apologize for that last statement. I know everyone was probably excited that this was going to be over soon. But like admiring the shirtless picture of Putin in your Sochi hotel room, it will feel like you have to hauntingly endure this post long after it has finished.
So point number one is actually an intriguing thought provided by one of the authors over at the Mommyish blog. Asks the question whether our kids are great because parents or in spite of them.
Here is the link. Peruse at your pleasure.
http://www.mommyish.com/2014/
Parenting Part Deux (The public confession)
So as you may have noticed my intrepid wife will sometimes share important thoughts and feelings with her loyal subjects. As such, I thought I would share a little as well. For some time I have thought that many parenting relationships have a dichotomy of sorts with one of the parents having a natural tendency to to be a more engaged parent. Now please do not misunderstand, this is not to suggest that one parent loves their child more than the other parent, rather that one may take to engaging in the parental duties with more ease. And honestly before we had kids I thought that would be me. Turns out I was horribly wrong. Now, this is no self loathing pity party. Rather an honest admission. Daily, I am amazed at how the resplendent one effortlessly takes to engaging our little babybug in the most mundane tasks of everyday existence. It is a truly marvelous thing. While I may still possess my special and unique talents in this department, they pale in comparison. Steph has engaged parenting like Chris Christie engages a Home Town Buffet with unrivaled vigor and abandon. Let this serve as a truly heartfelt and public THANK YOU for all that she does. If you also know someone in your life like this, take your own time to thank them. And maybe give them some bacon, everything is better with bacon.
So as the post opened with a quote from an engrossing figure of lustrums past I want to leave with a quote from an equally engaging contemporary figure…
"U mad bro?" ~ Richard Sherman
Until next time, writing from deep within the piney woods
Yours,
-Jas





Comments
Post a Comment