And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit-right to the top. Don't hold back. Packing my bags, and giving the academy a raincheck. I don't ever wanna let you down, I don't ever wanna leave this town. 'Cause after all- this city never sleeps at night. It's time to begin, isn't it?
Well, we have arrived. Actually, we've been in C-Bus for a week now. I've been quite busy- so it's taken me a while to sit down and write a post.
I have to admit, getting on that plane last Monday morning was really sad for me. I could see The Capitol in the background, and a little piece of my heart broke.
To soften the blow, Evie was an absolute angel on the plane. I kept her entertained with some snacks (the girl loves food), a plastic bottle and my wallet. It doesn't take much. Thank G.
I arrived in C-Bus with a purse and a diaper bag... and that was it. We had ordered diapers and wipes to be sent to my parents house. Jason thought of that, and I have to admit- pretty genius.
Jas stayed behind in DC to wait for the movers and we were off! When we landed we had a welcoming crew of my Dad and step-mom MK here waiting- complete with "Welcome Back" balloons. So thoughtful... and yet so odd- we're BACK. After 9 years... Wow.
Meanwhile, on the DC end Jas was pacing the house bored out of his gourd because the movers were late. Awesome. Like really late- 1.5 hours late. So much for a stress-free move? Is there such a thing?
I went to dinner with my family that night. It was nice to catch up. They were enthralled with Evie's prowess with a straw. She's a champ with a straw and pretty much any kind of liquid except for: formula, goats milk, cows milk. She is not a fan, and those liquids will literally fall from her mouth.
Jas ends up arriving in C-Bus around 1am Tuesday. What a long day. And what a trooper! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty lucky.
The movers arrived early on Wednesday. Jas went out to the storage unit and as our 10x15 unit gets more and more full, it's becoming clear that not all of our belongings are going to fit. Well hell! I swear I remember one of the moving estimators saying that's the size we would need, could it have been 10x25? Must have been, because clearly, a 10x15 didn't cut it.
So the movers need to get back to DC, so they just unload all the stuff and leave it outside the unit. Jas is sitting outside our unit waiting for 9am to roll around because thats when the place opens so he can rent another unit. It looks like it's going to storm. Jas is worried our stuff is going to get ruined... Pretty stressful, I imagine. 9am rolls around and of course the only unit they have available is one that's over double the price (because it's climate controlled-which we don't need) of our current unit, and it's only a 10x20 (still won't fit all of our stuff from the other unit).
Sio we will be moving all of our stuff out of both of those units to a completely different storage location next weekend. Freaking fantastic. Stress-free move my ass.
Le sigh.
Last week was jam packed with excitement. I got called for a last minute job interview on Thursday- and I couldn't respond to them as to whether or not I would able to make it until Jas went to the storage unit and dug out one of my suits. Ridiculous. Living in transition sucks. Just in case y'all were curious.
As it was, I had to borrow a pair of MK's shoes because we couldn't find any of mine. Did I mention I've been recycling the same 2 t-shirts for the last week? I think I have 2 t-shirts, 6 pairs of pants, 8 pairs of underwear and some sweaters-it's been 80 degrees here. That folks, is what we call poor planning.
The interview went well, despite my best efforts to sabotage it.
I've never been late for anything in my life. Actually, that's a lie- I was late to work once... but it was only because I didn't know I was supposed to work and therefore I overslept. I'm chronically early, and I live in the world of "If you're not early, you're late".
Polaris Parkway- near my parents house and one of the most common routes to get to the hospital I needed to get to for my interview, is a roadway that I'm quite familiar with. Apparently a lot has changed in 9 years... because I left myself an hour to get to the hospital, of which it should've taken me about 30 minutes in traffic... and it ended up taking me an hour and 5 minutes. I was in such a panic when I realized I was going to be late that I left my interviewer a frantic, "I'm a freak" kind of message that I'm sure she and all of her friends got a great laugh about the next day. Turned out my interviewer was late herself... and wouldn't have even known I was late if I hadn't said anything. Excellent. Darn my big mouth. I digress.
The interview ended up going great. In my mind before I got there, I was convinced they would never see past my tardiness and I would never get a job there and they would blacklist me to the rest of Columbus hospitals- turned out they unofficially offered me the job on the spot. I've always had a bit of a flare for the dramatic.
I have so much more to say about this week- it was crazy busy... but I'm tired! So, I think I'm going to stop it here for tonight... and maybe continue more later this week. Oh, and for those that were curious- E is adjusting just fine. She loves being spoiled with extra attention.
Until next time...
I have to admit, getting on that plane last Monday morning was really sad for me. I could see The Capitol in the background, and a little piece of my heart broke.
To soften the blow, Evie was an absolute angel on the plane. I kept her entertained with some snacks (the girl loves food), a plastic bottle and my wallet. It doesn't take much. Thank G.
I arrived in C-Bus with a purse and a diaper bag... and that was it. We had ordered diapers and wipes to be sent to my parents house. Jason thought of that, and I have to admit- pretty genius.
Jas stayed behind in DC to wait for the movers and we were off! When we landed we had a welcoming crew of my Dad and step-mom MK here waiting- complete with "Welcome Back" balloons. So thoughtful... and yet so odd- we're BACK. After 9 years... Wow.
Meanwhile, on the DC end Jas was pacing the house bored out of his gourd because the movers were late. Awesome. Like really late- 1.5 hours late. So much for a stress-free move? Is there such a thing?
I went to dinner with my family that night. It was nice to catch up. They were enthralled with Evie's prowess with a straw. She's a champ with a straw and pretty much any kind of liquid except for: formula, goats milk, cows milk. She is not a fan, and those liquids will literally fall from her mouth.
Jas ends up arriving in C-Bus around 1am Tuesday. What a long day. And what a trooper! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty lucky.
![]() |
| So tired! Ready for a nap on one of our errands after our arrival. |
So the movers need to get back to DC, so they just unload all the stuff and leave it outside the unit. Jas is sitting outside our unit waiting for 9am to roll around because thats when the place opens so he can rent another unit. It looks like it's going to storm. Jas is worried our stuff is going to get ruined... Pretty stressful, I imagine. 9am rolls around and of course the only unit they have available is one that's over double the price (because it's climate controlled-which we don't need) of our current unit, and it's only a 10x20 (still won't fit all of our stuff from the other unit).
Sio we will be moving all of our stuff out of both of those units to a completely different storage location next weekend. Freaking fantastic. Stress-free move my ass.
Le sigh.
Last week was jam packed with excitement. I got called for a last minute job interview on Thursday- and I couldn't respond to them as to whether or not I would able to make it until Jas went to the storage unit and dug out one of my suits. Ridiculous. Living in transition sucks. Just in case y'all were curious.
As it was, I had to borrow a pair of MK's shoes because we couldn't find any of mine. Did I mention I've been recycling the same 2 t-shirts for the last week? I think I have 2 t-shirts, 6 pairs of pants, 8 pairs of underwear and some sweaters-it's been 80 degrees here. That folks, is what we call poor planning.
The interview went well, despite my best efforts to sabotage it.
I've never been late for anything in my life. Actually, that's a lie- I was late to work once... but it was only because I didn't know I was supposed to work and therefore I overslept. I'm chronically early, and I live in the world of "If you're not early, you're late".
Polaris Parkway- near my parents house and one of the most common routes to get to the hospital I needed to get to for my interview, is a roadway that I'm quite familiar with. Apparently a lot has changed in 9 years... because I left myself an hour to get to the hospital, of which it should've taken me about 30 minutes in traffic... and it ended up taking me an hour and 5 minutes. I was in such a panic when I realized I was going to be late that I left my interviewer a frantic, "I'm a freak" kind of message that I'm sure she and all of her friends got a great laugh about the next day. Turned out my interviewer was late herself... and wouldn't have even known I was late if I hadn't said anything. Excellent. Darn my big mouth. I digress.
The interview ended up going great. In my mind before I got there, I was convinced they would never see past my tardiness and I would never get a job there and they would blacklist me to the rest of Columbus hospitals- turned out they unofficially offered me the job on the spot. I've always had a bit of a flare for the dramatic.
I have so much more to say about this week- it was crazy busy... but I'm tired! So, I think I'm going to stop it here for tonight... and maybe continue more later this week. Oh, and for those that were curious- E is adjusting just fine. She loves being spoiled with extra attention.
Until next time...









Comments
Post a Comment