I've been sent to spread the message...Mmmmmmm, God bless Texas!

I absolutely hated Texas when we first moved down here, heck, I think I hated Texas up until about 2 years ago. Things finally started to turn around, I made some great friends, found some great restaurants, things to do and then Texas (Houston in particular) started to grow on me. And as much as I can't believe I'm saying this- I'm going to miss this place! But, its time...and it just feels right.

I believe that people have free will... but I also believe that God strategically places certain people and things in our lives for a reason. I am reminded of this on days like today when I had 3 of my nurses come into my office, give me the biggest hugs and say "we're really going to miss you." In hindsight, I feel like taking this management role a year ago was the right decision... but there were definitely bumps along the way... and times where I really asked myself 'is this where I belong?!'. At the end of the day though, if the only people I made a difference for were those 3 nurses that came into my office, then I would definitely say I was in the right place. It all started with one person, who had a gut feeling that this was the right move, who took a chance on a completely "green to management" ER nurse...and here we are today. The journey was long and hard, but I'm confident it was the right path for me.

This move to DC feels so right on so many levels... I got a fantastic job back in the ER, at Georgetown, Jason absolutely loves the lab he's going to be in, we have the cutest freaking house ever (and just a 10 minute walk to work, mind you), we have a fabulous family support system only an hour away... everything has fallen into place and I feel like its working like a well-oiled machine. This stability has helped convince me that God  really wants us in DC. I think trusting that this move is in His plan, provides me the greatest comfort of all.

I wanted to leave with a few pics and descriptions of things I will miss leaving Houston...
The great parties with ER friends!
The margaritas!
Blue bonnets... need I say more?!
Showing up to a Texans game in full Raven's gear with my sweet family... and we were the only ones wearing Raven's gear. OMG. I think we may have taken our lives into our hands that night. 
Discovery Green...and Jason discovering the joys of peeing in the outdoors
The Hurricanes and tropical storms! For all of my Texas friends... this one was a biggie, Tropical Storm Eduoard! I think we got a 1/4" of rain, and top wind speeds of 2 mph... yes, I said 2 mph, that was not a typo. This "hurricane" was the biggest joke ever. 
Oh Houston! How I will miss thee... but it's time.

Comments