Baby turn around, and let me see that sexy body go- Bump, Bump, Bump... That is all I want to see, baby show me... Baby turn around, and let me that sexy body go Bump, Bump, Bump... the way you throwin' that thing at me, I can't take it...


It's here! The "bump" so many of you have been waiting to see. It is loud and proud. I laughed hysterically when I typed the lyrics from B2K's song (throwback anyone?!) into my header... Especially since this body could not possibly feel further from "sexy". But here it is, in all it's glory:



And just for good measure here is a front view... but it's not quite as obvious as the side view:



And lastly, a nice zoomed in view (on a different day, in different clothing), looks a bit more basketball-ish. 




As Jas can certainly attest to, I've been feeling much more along the lines of "fat" than bumped, but I suppose you can see some curvature of a baby belly in there. 

Anyway, moving right along. I am now at 20 weeks! I should've changed the song in my header to Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer' because we are now HALFWAY THERE, WOAHHHH.... Craziness! Man how the time flies. Halfway. Awesome. There are moments that I have to remind myself we are only halfway... and all of this stuff I'm experiencing now (hello sciatica! I looked like a 95 year old woman last night trying to go up the steps), is only going to get worse. O.M.G. 

Moving on...

·       Maternity Clothes: Essential. There is not a chance in H that I could fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. The thought of it alone makes me want to vom. Ew. 

·       Weight Gain:  Oddly enough, I'm actually down 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I attribute this to the fact that I am eating less (just not as hungry- baby is taking up room in there that is clearly pushing on my stomach), and eating better. So, yay! I'll take it. Maybe pregnancy should be my new weight loss plan... We could have a new show on TLC called "75 kids and counting"- or "Eternally pregnant; for vanity reasons"

·       Stretch Marks: Nada. Switched to a coconut butter from Trader Joe's (smells like frosting!!!), and things seem to be going along quite well. 

·       Movement: I feel this kid almost every single day now. Usually if I'm reclined in a chair, or sitting leaned forward or laying down to sleep. It's definitely getting more and more noticeable and I'm truly enjoying it. I can't feel it from the outside, but G is a mover and a shaker, so it's only a matter of time.

·       Sleep:  Loving sleeping! I actually slept til almost 8am the other day. That NEVER happens, even pre-pregnancy. Clearly the bod is hard at work making a baby and that just tuckers this girl out! However- finding a position of comfort is another issue entirely... Jas would also attest to this, as my body pillow has "goosed" him in the tush more than once.

·       Things I miss:  Bending over to paint my toenails. Sad face. I got a new Birchbox the other day, and it had this amazing Emerald green nail polish in it. So I decided to give myself a pedi (not even close to being as wonderful as going to the spa, but whateves- my nails looked like poo). Anyway, well it was so difficult for me to bend over that I ended up just doing one coat of polish and as one of my dear best friends Andi can attest to {I may or may not have painted like half of her toe skin a few years back}, I suck at painting my nails anyway- so, much of the polish ended up on the skin around my toenails. So not cute. I also may be using pregnancy to justify my sloppy toenail painting skills.  It's so hard- feel sorry for me! 


·       Energy: Energy during the day isn't too shabby. And, I have recently become addicted to Illy coffee (like I drink a cup almost every single day now) so I'm sure that reemergence of caffeine in my life has helped. 

·       Symptoms:  I have the skin of a 15 year old girl and I HATE it! I am like a pimple producing princess and it's just gross. Thankfully, I had very good skin all through my teenage years- apparently now, I'm making up for lost time. It's disgusting. And I'm ready for it to be over. 

·       News:  I just finished up my orientation on Labor & Delivery! I'm now flying solo! Crazy. Loving it up there though, great fit for me, with a great group of people. 

    Also, Jas and I are headed to NYC in a little less than a week. So that will be fun. A nice little 'babymoon' escape just the two of us. 


This past weekend we went to a couple's shower for our friends Jordan and Adam. It was a nice excuse to get dressed up (a little bit at least, hey I've been living in sweat pants for weeks now!), put on a little make up (generally we're lucky if I get a shower on a day off), and did my hair (remember the shower reference?! Yea, a ponytail is a girls best friend). Jas was super pumped because he got some new spectacles. I decided to try them on for size...


They are very "Stanley Tucci" ala the movie The Lovely Bones, a bit creepy but Jas seems to love them. They are interesting that's for sure, and Jas looks surprisingly asian in this pic...Sorry, random thought. And clearly I type anything that pops into my mind.


As long as he refrains from growing a 'stache I suppose the glasses can stay
So that is about all that is exciting in the life of the Garee's at this point. Oh, that's a lie... I went to the Endocrinologist this week for a follow up- my levels remain elevated, but not alarmingly so, so they're just going to continue to monitor my counts. They are not diagnosing me with me Hyper or Hypo thyroidism, just some benign elevation related to the surge of pregnancy hormone. So that's a win. Oh, and they do not think my weight loss is at all related to the thyroid, they think that's just me rockin' it... so that's another win! Go me! 

Comments