The bigger the bill the harder you ball, well I'm throwin' mine, cuz my money long. The quicker you're here, the faster you go- that's why where I come from the only thing we know is work hard, play hard, work hard, play hard...

Most of you probably haven't noticed that I use song lyrics for the titles of all of my blogs. I love music. I feel like there is pretty much a song for every aspect of my life. This blog is going to be about the rearranging of furniture that Jas and I did over the weekend... I dabbled with quite a few different songs and finally settled on "Work hard, play hard" by Wiz Khalifa. The song is totally not even close to being about what I'm trying to accomplish with this post (yea, I think Wiz's goal is to "make it rain" I'm not quite there yet), but I thought that the hook- "work hard, play hard" was wholly applicable. And, the fact that the artist is working hard to get the cash to play hard seems fitting- especially in light of the fact that I'm doing night shift this week. Eeek! I'm a bit out of practice on nights... and the whole sleep thing is a bit of an issue anyway, so it's been a hot mess. BUT- we do need some moolah for this baby... and we also need space!

So, space. Yea, 2 words- CITY LIVING. I absolutely LOVE city living, it's so great to be able to walk anywhere you want, and DC is such an awesome, fun and walkable city, I just love it. I think I would hate living in a suburb here because there is just so much cool stuff to do in the city. City living however, presents some major problems- especially when one is expecting a baby. You pay a premium for city living, and when I say premium, I mean an outrageous amount of money for minimal square footage. And since neither Jas or I, are independently wealthy, space is quite an issue in our Georgetown row house.

Our lack of space, outrageous rent amount and the fact that we have a baby on the way lead us to do some soul searching- do we move out of the city <gasp>?! Nope. No way. We're staying put. It makes far too much sense for us to just stay put- we both walk to work, we only have one car, we don't pay for parking... no brainer. We're not going anywhere. That then left us to answer the question of do we let the baby to sleep in the bathtub? "how do we make this work?" Alas, after a few quick measurements we realized the only way to fit a crib and keep a spare bed for our beloved guests, was to do some major rearranging of furniture- and that meant us moving our bedroom furniture (which was in the front of the house) to the bedroom in the back, and moving the furniture from the back bedroom into the front.

In a previous blog, I had pictures of how we had the furniture laid out, you can see that blog post here. And now we have this:


The area where the picture frames are on the shelf will be where the changing table will go

Spare bedroom



Spare bedroom

The white space is where the crib will go, should fit nicely in that area

Our new Master retreat... feels a bit cramped intimate

The best part about moving to this bedroom, is I get to see my favorite West Elm curtains everyday. I love those darn things, and they keep light out like you wouldn't believe. 

Another shot of the "Master Suite"

Dresser
I'm really pleased with how it all turned out. I was a bit bummed that we would have to move our bedroom, but this really is better than I expected. I look forward to getting some baby furniture in there to see how the final product will look. Once we do, I will be sure to post pics.

In the meantime, I'll continue to work hard... I was looking up cribs the other night- some of those cribs are just insanely expensive. I found one I really liked for the small price of $1700. Yes, folks, thats 4 digits there. Needless to say, we will not be getting a $1700 crib. I'm ballin', but not like my friend Wiz Khalifa.

Until next time...

Comments