Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring two pence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. - C.S Lewis
So yes, I am making an appearance as a guest writer for the
blog. This has been some time in the making and I spent a great deal of time
thinking of original ways to open the blog; should I open with a quote like
Steph or some other original opening?!? I guess the quote from the indomitable
C.S. Lewis suggests I should not worry with those things I should just get to
posting. So I guess without further ado, let’s get it on! (Take your pick, that
“lets get it on” could be said Big John McCarthy or Marvin Gaye style, your
choice).
I am unsure of where best to begin. Having recently been
given a shout-out about being a guest writer, I am feeling some undue pressure
to utilize my satirical humor and rapier wit to regale the loyal readers with
tales of my life. Alas, I am truly not that interesting so if you are bored, well, as Colin Cowherd says, “that’s a you problem.”
So I guess the focus of the blog recently has been on the
upcoming arrival of Lil G. Please let’s not confuse that with Lil Troy, though
I do still want to be a baller/shot caller and switch from a Motorola to a
Primco phone. But I digress; the upcoming arrival of Lil G stirs many emotions
within me, typically vacillations between extreme exuberance and sheer terror.
The amazing thing is, this development has actually provided some concrete
evidence of a hypothesis I have spent many years trying to test. The given fact
that I am going to be responsible for another human being undoubtedly proves
God has a sense of humor, namely one that can be at times as offbeat as mine. I
am currently writing these findings up, and you will be able to read them in
your latest issue of “Nature” coming to a newsstand near you (or I guess
on one of those new fangled e-newspaper things where you get stuff from the
internets machine).
Looking at the most recent few posts, I noticed a trend of
posting a series of short topics surrounding the pregnancy. I believe I am
going to follow the same trend, and even for risk of being unoriginal (see
Lewis, C.S.) give the readers what they so desire.
Maternity Clothes: Love them; have been wearing them
plus a nursing bra for a number of weeks now.
Weight Gain: Yes
Stretch Marks: Nope, built like Stretch Armstrong
Movement: Probably not enough: see “weight gain”.
Sleep: Was going to say “like a baby” though everyone
is telling me babies don’t even sleep through the night. That doesn’t sound
like fun. So I’m gonna go with “sleeps like a whiskey filled adult”
Energy: Loads of energy, in no way related to the
32oz of 5-hour energy I consume per day. (This is a joke, do not do this, you
will die, trust me I’m a doctor, ok yes not “that” kind of doctor, b*tches)
Symptoms: I fart a lot. Oh wait, is this section new
symptoms? Or ones I have had my entire life?
Things I Miss: Long walks on the beach, romantic
dinners… oh Sh#t, wrong site. For the rest of this one visit my other writings
at match.com
News: Well since the Ravens won the Superbowl and Ray
Lewis didn’t allegedly “self-defense”
anyone this year, we will go with “no news is good news”.
Thus ends the marvelous time I have had here at Pee-Wees
playhouse. Oh sh*t, this isn’t Pee-Wees playhouse is it. So I guess this means
I need to put my pants back on. Anyway, here is another quote to ponder for
your upcoming days.
“Our
greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that
don't really matter.”
- Francis Chan
Until next time,
-Jas


Comments
Post a Comment