Look at the stars, look how they shine for you- and everything you do, yea they were all yellow. I came along, I wrote a song or two for you, and all the things you do... and it was called Yellow. So then I took my turn, oh what a thing to have done...and it was all yellow. Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones turn into something beautiful. You know, you know I love you so. You know I love you so.



Ok, so there is a line from the song "Yellow" by Coldplay that I used for my header that I just cannot get out of my head... "Your skin, oh yea, your skin and bones turn into something beautiful..."- when I look at this ultrasound picture above that's all I can think because that face... wooo, that face is just not that beautiful yet! It is truly a face only a mother could love. This is a side lying view- so you're looking at the baby head on and its face looks a bit like a skull... yea, it's a little weird, not gonna lie. But, I know it will be beautiful eventually. A few more weeks and it will be less alien like and more adorable and cuddly looking. 

Here we are at week 19... and this little bambino has been hard at work- keeping me awake! Yes, friends it has finally happened the babe is moving...A lot. I have felt quite a few of these:
That would be a "fist pump"- if you're not familiar I suggest you brush up on your "Jersey Shore" viewing
And quite a few of these:
We are laying one way...

And then we flip around and decide to lay another way. 
The considerate babe decides to do this generally when I'm trying to sleep. So that's fun. Especially this week, I worked night shifts and the little angel insisted on playing hopscotch, jumping rope, practicing gymnastic skills and soccer kicks at the most opportune times. However, do not get me wrong- I am not complaining for one second, I'll take the movement over no movement any day. And each time it feels like there is an acrobatics meet going on in my belly, I stay awake just to enjoy the show. 

Speaking of nights, thankfully one of our excellent residents up on L&D agreed to ultrasound me the other night during a lull between deliveries. When I last had my anatomy scan/ultrasound the tech whipped through it so fast we barely saw Lil G, and she gave us one crappy, blurry picture... so I was thankful for the additional face time (ha!) and a few cool pics to put in the ol' blog. I wish I could've taken video, because while Katie was doing the US to try to get a good picture of G, the babe started to suck it's thumb! It was really neat to see its jaw moving up and down, while it sucked its thumb. We both just kind of looked at what was on the screen dumbfounded and amazed by it.  So cool. Thanks Katie! :)

Oh, and to those who have thought I'm going to cave and find out the sex- I haven't. Even if I wanted to, the babe has been keeping it's jubbly bits so tightly under wraps nobody can tell what that baby is! However, I will tell all of you- whenever it comes to scanning the babes lower extremities I look away- every time. I truly, honestly, have NO desire to know, whatsoever. Amazing. And I actually would be beyond disappointed if I inadvertently found out while looking at the scan.

I'm going to forgo the little weekly update template this week, because there isn't much else to say that I haven't already said! I promise next week, for my week 20 post I will post a "bump" pic. It will be life changing. Brace yourself.

Another event that will knock your socks off, is forthcoming as well... a guest blogger! The one and only- Dr. Jas is going to write a guest blog that I'm certain will knock your socks off. He should have a little diddy put together sometime in the next few days.

Until then... 


Comments