Isn't she lovely, isn't she wonderful, isn't she precious...
Yes, I will now be referring to our new house as a she... she has a lot of charm and a lot of character... but sadly, not a lot of space. As you'll be able to see from the pics, we tried to do the best we could to fit our Texas sized furniture into our late 1800's row house. I reckon the furniture they had back then was quite a bit smaller. Anywho, here she is! In all her glory!
I'm just realizing that I don't have a good pic of the front of the house. I'll take care of that with my next post. Whoops.
Jason left Monday night, and my dad actually arrived to town Monday night for business-but he flew out this morning. Tonight will be my first night all by myself in our new place. It's a little weird not having Jason around. But I know it will only be for a few weeks. I have a feeling my posts may get sulkier until he returns... but I'll try to keep them upbeat.
In other news, I got my DC Nursing license the other day. Jason and I had to take the bus to get there, and I found that I really loved the bus! It was only a $1 and we didn't have to drive ourselves, navigating through ridiculous traffic, and trying to find a place that isn't outrageous to park. I have a feeling that car will really only be used sparingly...which is kind of refreshing!
This morning I got my DC driver's license-which unbelievably only took 35 minutes!!! Next up is the DC tags and parking permit...it's a bit more involved... but I need to get them ASAP so when people come visit they can just park in our garage and we can park on the street. Parking around here is really and trulyawful, annoying, ridiculous, insane... horrible.
This afternoon I am headed back to Georgetown University Hospital- they have to draw some blood and read my TB test as part of my pre-employment physical. I start back to work on Monday. It will be nice to get back to work... I say that today, but I may be singing a different tune come this time next week.
Oh, believe it or not there are no Chase banks within 100 miles of DC... so we opened a new bank account yesterday. Kind of inconvenient, but what are you going to do? Slowly but surely I'd say we're getting settled... I miss all of my sweet friends from Houston, think about them all the time and looking forward to when we'll all get together again soon. This whole thing still doesn't feel quite real... Until next time, you stay classy.
| View of the backyard/patio area, to our garage (having garage parking in DC is like being a queen or something...it's fantastic and extremely rare!!!) |
![]() |
| View of the back of the house, with our new lawn furniture courtesy of my sweet Gammy |
| Our bedroom looking from the door |
| Our bedroom from the front window/computer area |
| Another view- to the right of this is a ladder to go up to a small loft area, and there is also a walk in closet. |
| Looking from our bedroom down the hall to the spare bedroom. On the left is a linen closet and the bathroom. To the right is the stairs. |
| Spare bedroom. Please note the 1 and only remaining box that we haven't unpacked. It will not be there for long. |
| Another view of the spare bedroom. It's really big, its just hard to get a feel for it in the pics. |
| Kitchen! Small, small kitchen. |
| Kitchen to the right |
| Kitchen to the left |
| Looking from living room into dining room and kitchen. Please note our new buffet over to the right. This once existed as a dresser. No longer. It won't fit up the stairs. |
| Living room. We dabbled with the layout a few times and finally settled on this one. I'm happy with it. But boy oh boy do I need to organize those bookshelves. They're a hot mess. |
| Chloe! And another view of the living room. |
| Another view of the living room. |
| And again. |
| View from kitchen, covering the dining room and living room. |
![]() |
| Stairs. Ridic. |
Jason left Monday night, and my dad actually arrived to town Monday night for business-but he flew out this morning. Tonight will be my first night all by myself in our new place. It's a little weird not having Jason around. But I know it will only be for a few weeks. I have a feeling my posts may get sulkier until he returns... but I'll try to keep them upbeat.
In other news, I got my DC Nursing license the other day. Jason and I had to take the bus to get there, and I found that I really loved the bus! It was only a $1 and we didn't have to drive ourselves, navigating through ridiculous traffic, and trying to find a place that isn't outrageous to park. I have a feeling that car will really only be used sparingly...which is kind of refreshing!
This morning I got my DC driver's license-which unbelievably only took 35 minutes!!! Next up is the DC tags and parking permit...it's a bit more involved... but I need to get them ASAP so when people come visit they can just park in our garage and we can park on the street. Parking around here is really and truly
This afternoon I am headed back to Georgetown University Hospital- they have to draw some blood and read my TB test as part of my pre-employment physical. I start back to work on Monday. It will be nice to get back to work... I say that today, but I may be singing a different tune come this time next week.
Oh, believe it or not there are no Chase banks within 100 miles of DC... so we opened a new bank account yesterday. Kind of inconvenient, but what are you going to do? Slowly but surely I'd say we're getting settled... I miss all of my sweet friends from Houston, think about them all the time and looking forward to when we'll all get together again soon. This whole thing still doesn't feel quite real... Until next time, you stay classy.


Love it! So cute and cosmopolitan. We, too, have a dresser repurposed as a "buffet." I think it's chic :)
ReplyDelete