So, until I start work Monday, I've got some idle time on my hands. I was kind of dreading this whole time frame where Jas would be gone, and I'd be here alone and I didn't really know what I was going to do with myself... but, I've actually been enjoying this time to myself. I feel a new sense of independence, and it's kind of nice. Don't get me wrong, I miss having Jas around (and I don't think "miss" even begins to describe how I feel in his absence), but I think this is good for me. For example, today I went to the grocery store BY MYSELF! Now, to most of you, this is really no big deal- for me, this is huge! I never really go anywhere by myself, and if I do I have to be on the phone talking to someone. Well, I didn't make a single call while I was there, and I actually was able to remember the items I wanted to buy. Next on the list- is actually going to a restaurant and having a meal by myself... I'll keep you posted as to when this happens, because I assure you, it's only a matter of time.
In other news, my cousin Katie came for a visit from the Eastern shore. We parked her car at a Bed, Bath and Beyond in Rockville, MD (about 35 min. north of DC) and I picked up a few items, including this new shower curtain-which I'm in love with.
 |
| This is what happens when Jas isn't around- we get purple shower curtains! |
After leaving her car there (because there is nowhere to park in DC, well there is, but you either have to move your car every 2 hours, or you have to pay beaucoup bucks!), we drove back to DC. I showed Katie the house and then we ventured off to Southwestern DC to get my car inspected (yet another step closer to my DC license tags!). On the way there, we drove past several of the monuments, and we both remarked at how odd it is that I actually live here... it's pretty amazing actually. Anyway, we got my car inspected and on the way back we saw this:
Now, that's just plain robbery. $5.09?!?!? I had to look twice to make sure I was actually seeing a "5" in front. A friend of mine from DC says that this place is full service and notoriously the most expensive in town... but that's just plain absurd.
After we got over our shock of the cost of gasoline in this blooming town, we went back to my house and ventured over to Georgetown Cupcake...this would be trip number 2 for me in a week. I have a feeling I'll be going a lot with all of our out of town visitors wanting to check it out. I can't really complain, their cupcakes are delish. One of these day's hopefully I make it on TV...
 |
| Yum! |
After getting our cupcakes, we came home and watched Sex and The City 2, and we both took cat naps. After that we had a nice meal out in Georgetown, and met up with my friend Courtney. After dinner, I took Katie back to her car and headed home, to my empty house. Sweet Chloe is always so excited to see me when I get home...I think it makes this whole thing a lot easier.
Tonight my friend Grant is coming over for dinner...not sure what or where we're going, but I'm sure it will be fun. I took a few pics of the house this afternoon, with some views of the street as well. Here she is!
 |
| The neighborhood definitely has a lot of charm and character |
 |
| Precious. |
 |
| Chloe, getting in the flowers... |
 |
| Our home. <3 |
I guess I don't have much else to report for now...I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Cute, cute post! Since MM has started traveling more frequently I have really started enjoying my alone time too. I have not tried the eating alone in public thing... Scary! You will have to let me know how that goes. Miss your pretty face!
ReplyDelete