Get it ripe, get it right, get it tight... get it ripe, get it right, get it tight...
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before... but I'm going to say it again- teething is the devil. OMG. This kid this morning... she is just fit to be tied. She's got 3 teeth coming in. 2 on top (one is about 1/3 of the way through, the other has just erupted), and one on the bottom next to her other 2 teeth has just erupted. She.is.mis.er.ab.le. And, therefore so am I.
Jas is in DC trying to get our house fixed up to turn the keys in and get our security deposit back... so I get to ride out this joyous storm all by myself. Fan-freaking-tastic. Gah! Where is the valium?!
Anyway, so last night I posted a relatively short update post- I noticed a million grammatical errors, and run on sentences for days... but I don't really care. I'm leaving it as is. So there, English teacher friends!
I would like to point out that I did complete one feat of grandeur since my arrival back in the OH. My sister was in a wedding this past weekend, and she discovered shortly after we arrived that her bridesmaid dress was not the right size. Now, I don't want to say that I turned water into wine, or parted the red seas... but I sure did make something close to miraculous happen!
So, Lauren went to a few places to see if she could have it altered... and they said they wouldn't be able to do it on short notice... We began to panic. What were we going to do?! Pins? Double sided tape? Embellishments?! OH MY!
I decided to start calling the bridal shop to see if they had any dresses we could purchase off the rack... maybe something similar... Same dress, different color? Different dress, same color? No luck.
BUT...
They did have the dress, in the correct size, in Cincinatti! For my non-Ohio friends- Cinci is about a 2 hour and something drive. Manageable, but not fun.
Well, after a little bit of a sob story, and song and dance, and some shmoozerie, I not only got that dress in the correct size delivered to C-Bus OVERNIGHT for FREE... but I also got them to exchange her old dress for the correct sized one for FREE!!! Hold your applause please... Actually, don't. I was pretty damn proud of myself.
Lauren looked beautiful on her friends wedding day, the dress fit like a glove... and I was glad I could save the day.
Lesson here: it never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no.
So, while Lauren was all frilly for her friends wedding... I was headed off to Baltimore. For a day.
Yup, a nice little in and out trip. I flew in that morning at 8am and out at 7pm. And it was a jam packed but wonderful day honoring my cousin, Katie and her husband Chris and their little bundle to be- Honey Badger {I never did ask where this nickname came from... but the last time I saw the Honey Badger video I'm pretty sure it eats snakes and stuff... so I hope my new baby cousin isn't some mutant omnivore}.
My Aunt Sue, cousin Kristen and I co-hosted this super fun couples shower. I will add myself to co-hosting in a very loose sense. After I found out we were moving, my ability to contribute became quite limited. I was however, able to help decorate after I arrived! That counts for something, right?
I was so thankful I was able to come back and celebrate this baby-to-be! I'm over the moon excited for Katie & Chris, and sharing in this day with them was really special.
I would also like to mention that I wish I was independently wealthy- I would fly in & out for day trips all the time! It's so nice!
Sunday, Jas left for DC and Evie and I headed out to Dad and MK's new lake house. It's so nice! It turned out really lovely, and I'm very happy for them!! I think this will be a great getaway for the weekends, and an awesome retirement home.
Evie enjoyed all the extra attention from family... and all of the new places to discover. We would sit out on the deck and watch the water, and take walks. It was nice.
| Evie playing with her cousin Valentina |
| Sleepy girl |
| It doesn't suck. |
The hardest part for me however, since I'm back in the single-parent stage... was going up and down the stairs! This place is 4 stories, and we decided to put Evie's crib on the top floor so it would be the most quiet so she would sleep better... and she did! And then I would leave her diaper bag on the 3rd floor and have to go down and get that. But then her snacks were on the first floor, so I would need to run down and get those and then go back up. And so on. I will need to better organize next time. Man, my quads are sore! Get it right, get it tight.
I suppose that's all I have for now. I think that pretty well brings everyone up to speed on every detail of the ins and outs of my days since we have arrived. It still feels like we're visiting, not quite sure when that will dissipate.
********Update********
I had to add in the Honey Badger video for those of you who are not familiar:
********Update********
I had to add in the Honey Badger video for those of you who are not familiar:









We can't quite remember how it exactly started, but there was some reason Chris kept saying "Honey Badger don't care." I was resistant to it at first because that video isn't so innocent and wholesome. I lost and Honey Badger won. Then we learned just how creative, resourceful and tenacious Honey Badgers are. I just really hope my baby doesn't eat snakes and crap.
ReplyDeleteWell, thank you Katie! I sure do appreciate the back story on that. And I really hope your Honey Badger doesn't eat snakes and bludgeon random animals either. ;P
Delete